mtbr member
    Jun 2006

800 setup to follow a course

Hoping someone can help me correct my errors in trying to follow a course on the 800.
    For trail riding I have
    Map>Track up, Guide Text>Never Display
    Routing>Bicycle, Guidance>Off Road,Lock on Road>No.
    Go to begining of course Select Course>Spanner>Turn Guidance >off, Course Warnings>on then hit GO and start timer.
    Does this sound correct? It looks like I am following the course but there is no recorderd data from the ride. Any ideas and thoughts are appreciated.

trail projectile
    You still need to start the timer to record data :-)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 13pumps View Post
    Hoping someone can help me correct my errors in trying to follow a course on the 800.
    For trail riding I have
    Map>Track up, Guide Text>Never Display
    Routing>Bicycle, Guidance>Off Road,Lock on Road>No.
    Go to begining of course Select Course>Spanner>Turn Guidance >off, Course Warnings>on then hit GO and start timer.
    Does this sound correct? It looks like I am following the course but there is no recorderd data from the ride. Any ideas and thoughts are appreciated.
    You know I found that just selecting the course, go, AFTER you start your timer is just easier. It will ask you if you want directions to the start, and I always say "no". When you hit the beginning, it will say "course found" and you are good to go.

I find courses useful for trails/roads you have not been on or want to ride in a certain order, but don't substitute the 800 for your nature ability just to figure where you are.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thiel and Z, Thanks for the replys I think that saying yes to nav to course begining was part of my problem and I probably should verify it is started after I hit start. Sometimes with full finger gloves it is haer to tell that it actually clicked. Thanks again.