mtbr member

New question here. 705 - Hww to SAVE HISTORY

The 705 Manual says that Pressing the LAP (RESET) Button, which CLEARS all the days data will ALSO Trigger the 705 into the SAVE HISTORY mode, but mine does NOT do that. I can NOT find a way to Manually SAVE the history using the buttons. My unit DOES go into SAVE HISTORY Mode, allowing it to then transfer its' data, but it will ONLY do it when i PLUG it into the computer and it is in USB MASS STORAGE MODE and even then, it will only do it if i PLUG it in when it is turned OFF first!
    ...has anyone else had this happen or KNOW how to SAVE History Manually, as the Manual says it should? Garmin Products are expensive but Garmin Manuals are Cheaply and Sloppily done!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I don't think you have to manually save the history.

For example I just started the timer, then stopped it after a couple minutes, did a reset then repeated the process and did another reset. It did reset the current data, but both "rides" were saved in the history area under rides.

So the ride is saved to the history even though you do a "reset" if you want to clear the history there is a separate option for that. I think the reason you see "saving history" when going into data transfer mode is so that if something goes wrong with the transfer data is not lost on the unit.

And yes the manual is a little off, but if you think that one is bad try reading the colorado manual, it's a flat out joke