mtbr member
    Aug 2007

705 Data Recording

Is there a downside besides memory capacity to having the Garmin record every second, as opposed to only when data changes?

Assuming no, is there an automated way to delete the history from the Garmin once it has been loaded into training center? I get a bit confused by the "Keep Profile in device..." option when I pull in rides and want to make sure I can at least keep the history on the computer to free up memory on the 705.

Hope this makes sense.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by rtcage
    Is there a downside besides memory capacity to having the Garmin record every second, as opposed to only when data changes?

Assuming no, is there an automated way to delete the history from the Garmin once it has been loaded into training center? I get a bit confused by the "Keep Profile in device..." option when I pull in rides and want to make sure I can at least keep the history on the computer to free up memory on the 705.

Hope this makes sense.
    You will impact battery life a little more as well as memory capacity. I recently switched to every second recording, and the tracks seem to have a bit more detail in winding rides, and the distance / elevation reading slightly more precise.

There is not an automated way to remove history, but Menu -> History -> Delete -> Delete All will clear the device after download. I do this at the start of the next ride between the house and the garage.

Here is a link to the User Manual as well.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks!