mtbr member

60CSX track question

I have a Garming 60CSX that I use to catalouge my rides. The issue I have is when I ride two trails in one day the unit will only have time recorded for onlly one of the trails. The other trail will only show distance and a map, no time.

This is my pre-ride procedure for the 60CSx:

-Clear the track log under Tracks in menu
    -reset trip data, odometer, max speed,elevation, max elevation and clear track log. All boxes are marked with a check

Post ride procedure for the 60csx:
    -Goto Tracks in menu, hit save to save entire track then I clear the track log.

Any sugestions?

I use TopoFusion for my software.

Thanks,
    P

JEA
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I don't know , but I assume it will work the same as on my etrex legend hcx.

Go to the main menu/ tracks/ setup On track log setup set "wrap when full" ON
    Then to data card setup and set "log track to data card" ON.
    Now all the data will be stored to your micro SD with datum as name and gpx as file extension.

After your tour you can connect the gps device to your pc.
    go main menu/ setup/ interface/ usb mass storage.
    When your pc is equiped with the correct garmin usb drivers
    the PC will reconnize it as usb mass storage.
    Now you can copy your collected gpx files to the area you want and use them in your program of your choice.

Best regards,
    Jan-egbert

mtbr member
    Jea~

Thanks for the response. Unfortunatly what you sugested did not work for me.

Peter

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikejeeps2
    I have a Garming 60CSX that I use to catalouge my rides. The issue I have is when I ride two trails in one day the unit will only have time recorded for onlly one of the trails. The other trail will only show distance and a map, no time.

P
    The time and speed is recorded only in the "active" track log. When you copy the active log to a saved log this detail is lost and also any track points over 500.

What you need to do is stop tracking when you finish ride 1 and restart logging when you begin ride 2. You may reset/clear your trip data, but do not delete the active log. If you want, you may save ride 1 track, but it's less confusing if you collect log files in Topofusion and upload them as needed. Now when you download your active track file, you'll have 2 files - active.log and active01.log, both with recorded times and speeds.
    Scars are like tattoos - only with better memories...

mtbr member
    RJend~

If I understand you I should Uncheck Clear Track log in the Trip Computer menu.

No way is it that simple?

Thanks for your help.