Thread: 305 question

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

305 question

Just wondering if there is any way to download a previously ridden course onto an Edge 305 (using motion based perhaps?) so that the device can tell you where to go when attempting to ride the same course again. The reason I ask is that I recently did a 50 mile MTB ride in the Sierras, which was led by someone who knew where they were going. I want to go back up and ride the same course again, but know that I could never find my way around, and remember which of the multiple turns/routes to take along the way. Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    I think you're supposed to be able to go to 'courses', then select '' and pick a previous route from your history. I've tried once before without success though.

What has worked for me is to go through the training center. In your history, right click on the route and select 'create course from track' or something like that. Then you can review the course and load it to the 305.

good luck!
    "Early bird gets the worm", but the second mouse gets the cheese...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks a lot for the response. I'll experiment on a course I am familiar with and see if it works.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisco_28601
    I think you're supposed to be able to go to 'courses', then select '' and pick a previous route from your history. I've tried once before without success though.

What has worked for me is to go through the training center. In your history, right click on the route and select 'create course from track' or something like that. Then you can review the course and load it to the 305.

good luck!
    You can actually do this right in the 305, if you still have the track in history.

Look at page 39 in the manual.
    http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/967_OwnersManual.pdf
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Awesome! Thanks so much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    You can actually do this right in the 305, if you still have the track in history.

Look at page 39 in the manual.
    http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/967_OwnersManual.pdf
    This is what I was referring to, but for some reason the one time I tried it failed. When I went to the trailhead, select run course, I was 2000-some miles away from the course... Maybe I goofed up somewhere; haven't tried again since.
    "Early bird gets the worm", but the second mouse gets the cheese...