Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

29er Cell Phone Mount

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Metalhack 
#1 ·
I am looking for a new cell phone mount for my 29er. The handle bar is thicker than my old 26er, so my mount doesn't fit properly. I need it to hold my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
-RS

#6 ·
your phone does not care what size your wheels are.

some people do it. yes, it is a significant extra expense. cheap mounts don't always work well. care to have your phone ejected on the trail? it not only has to mount the phone to the bike, but also protect the phone, hence the expense.

#7 ·
your phone does not care what size your wheels are.

some people do it. yes, it is a significant extra expense. cheap mounts don't always work well. care to have your phone ejected on the trail? it not only has to mount the phone to the bike, but also protect the phone, hence the expense.
Not to nit-pick, but it technically does matter how large the tires on. If I'm not mistaken, the higher you are above the Earth's core, the faster time goes. Therefore, your strava times will be a tad worse (or would it be better? Not enough coffee for space-time physics); by at least .0000000000000001 or so seconds.

#11 ·
I can get the mfg / model and picture of it when I get home from work in a bit; my review would be mixed.

For asphalt / road / touring, it seems stable and would work well enough, for XC / off-road, it doesn't seem like it would work too well. This wouldn't be a problem per se, if it was a tad bit thicker. The Otterbox case would protect it in case the phone hits the ground, if it could fit :\

On a more positive note, it is one of the few, if any, mounts that I have seen that can be configured in "landscape" mode rather than vertical.

#13 ·
One thing that I have noticed in my search is that there are a ton of iPhone cases, but there seem to be less Android options (even though it's been proven that Android users are better mountain bikers and lovers...we still get no respect).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.