NRS

Your NRS' SID Rear sweetspot...

How are you guys tuning your SID rear shocks?
    My preference is about 7 pounds over my body weight in the pos. chamber and 55-60 lbs. in the neg. chamber.
    I find that the best spot for rebound is 1/4 or 1/2 turn after you just start to feel it.

After about 150 miles of varying terrain I think this suits me best. A little more rebound damping feels better than getting any bouncing or kick.

But I want to know how you guys are doin it so I can cross check to see if theres something better out there.
    "Drinking and driving is wrong, but hey, the kids gotta get to school right?"
    -Dave Attell

The Top Cap Guy
    When I had my Sid on my NRS1 I was always running my body weight and right on 50 pis in the neg chamber (any more and the bob would come in). Now that the NRS1 is gone - I have a 04 Air and the Fox shock is a different ball game. I've only been out on it a few times since I got it built up (in the process of moving to a new house).

Later
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

mtbr member
    May 2004
    FF, I've been getting close to an ideal setting for my '04 NRS. Try running your Fox AVA at line #5 and run 5-10psi less than your body weight. Start with the rebound fairly light then slow it down 2 clicks at a time until there is no kick when hitting 4" rocks or roots at around 10mph while seated. On the front try running 75% of your body weight in the left leg with 35-40psi in the SPV and the rebound in the middle.

I tried using the settings that MBA used on their test of the NRS Air and they were terrible. Way too stiff.