Thread: xtc alliance

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

xtc alliance

anyone have experience with it?
    how's the feel of it?
    currently riding a GT avalanche. what type of difference will i expect?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have it, but my opinion doesnt count. I havent rode in years, and Ive only had this bike for a few weeks, plus I suck. So, I really cant compare it to other bikes as everything else I've riden recently was in a parking lot to make sure things were working properly.

I love it though if that helps any

mtbr member
    I really like my XTC Alliance..

For a race oriented (looking at least) hardtail, it has a slightly relaxed feel which makes it great for a nice (but still quick) cruise at the local trail. I am very happy with the component spec and the overall feel of the bike. Only thing I was not crazy on was the MX Pro fork, at almost 5lbs, and sorta sticky feeling, I upgraded to a Reba Race, at 3.55 lbs, and the bike feels fantastic now (although the 100mm Reba did drop the front end a little bit from the Marz)

Great bike though, I am very happy with it!
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hey fisherCraig,

What size did you get? Glad to hear you got the fork, I would like to get one but cant justify spending the money at this point, being a born again newb and all. My main gripe with the bike is the wheel set though. Next season I will upgrade for sure, and maybe by then my fork will break so I can get a new one of those as well Also, to be honest I never rode the bike stock per say, right when I "built it" I swapped out rear derailuer and shifters, I didnt even try the SRAM stuff when I had it on the stand, I kind of regret it, but oh well, I like the set-up I have now.

mtbr member
    I got a large size 20", which is a great fit for me, as I am a hair over 6'.

Shame you traded in the Sram bits. My last bike was 07 XT/XTR (dont ask) and the 08 X-7 is just butter (being as the same as the 07 X-9)

I'm very happy with the Sram. The only Shimano bits on the whole bike are chain, and F/D.

I agree about the wheelset, but I am much happier with a Reba fork, than a new wheelset. The Reba kicks ass!

Glad to hear you like it too
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4