mtbr member
    Jan 2007

XTC 29 actual sizing?

Hi,
    Could anyone with the above,whether composite or standard measure there seattube centre to top.Specificallylarge or Xl frames.I believe they come up a bit smaller than quoted size eg.Large is 20" and measures nearer 19" can anyone confirm this for me?
    Thanx Max

mtbr member

XTC 29 Seattube length

From the center to top of the St is 19.5. This is for a Large frame. A few pics for you.

Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

XTC sizing

Hi,
    Thanx for that.How tall are u and what's your inside leg? If you don't mind me asking!
    Thanx
    Max

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Keep in mind that the toptube lenght is more important then the seattube lengt. You can fit your leg length with a longer seatpost, but you can only limitly change the distance to the steer.

mtbr member
    6' with a 34.5 inch inseam.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Hi,
    Thanx for the info guys.My dilemma seems to be the top tube is fine on a large for most of the time,but my seats are always on full extension so I want to make sure there's enough post in there.I currently ride a large Anthem x 29 in large with a 100mm stem and a Xl Turner flux with 100mm stem.Both feel fine but am considering gettin rid of the Flux to get a XTC 29.Thinking more XL frame maybe with a,shorter stem to get it close to the,Flux.It's a more stretched XC ride anyhow.I am 6"2 with a 34" inseam.
    Thanx
    Max