mtbr member
    Nov 2005

xp: Trade a Tracer for a Trance??

A local rider has this new (ridden once maybe, he's a roadie who never touched his mtb) Trance frame, and he asked if I'd consider trading for my like-new 2003 Tracer.

Would it be riding efficiency suicide to do so? My Tracer doesn't even have a PUSH'd rear shock, yet he doesn't care. I like my Tracer because, well, it's a Tracer, but the Trance frames are what they are: great xc designs.

Any former Trance owners/Tracer owners care to give me their input?

MBAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    A local rider has this new (ridden once maybe, he's a roadie who never touched his mtb) Trance frame, and he asked if I'd consider trading for my like-new 2003 Tracer.

Would it be riding efficiency suicide to do so? My Tracer doesn't even have a PUSH'd rear shock, yet he doesn't care. I like my Tracer because, well, it's a Tracer, but the Trance frames are what they are: great xc designs.

Any former Trance owners/Tracer owners care to give me their input?
    Effiecnty suicide? The Trance has little to no pedal bob, and is a very reliable frame. Its a XC/Trail bike, I myself never considered it "only XC" like the NRS or Anthem are. I would say go for it.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    Effiecnty suicide? The Trance has little to no pedal bob, and is a very reliable frame. Its a XC/Trail bike, I myself never considered it "only XC" like the NRS or Anthem are. I would say go for it.
    That's what I meant: my Float RL Tracer has bob. I'd get more efficiency out of the Trance, therefore, would I be killing myself in that department if I passed it up.

MBAA!
    Yes... but with any rear shock (or most) on the Trance it will still bob little. Or none. Also, it depends a lot on how you pedal, not only the bike.

If you arent saying "Oh man I wish I had more pedaling effiency!" now, I wouldnt think twice of it, but you would be thankful that you did get it.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"