mtbr member

WTF, Giant Anthem X frame set SOLD OUT!

::WARNING, RANT!::

Dear Giant, Make some more frames!

Wow! After an extensive 3 weeks contemplating which bike I wanted to build up for this summer (test rides, discussions, etc.), I finally decided on a Giant Anthem X, just to find out I can not buy one!

All the 2009 models (medium) are sold out, and they are not going to make any more, and there are only 3 XO bikes left!

What makes matters worse is I have the build kit sitting in a corner of my room waiting for a frame….. I was really looking forward to building this up for summer and do not want to wait until the 2010 lineup comes out for fall.

I know I could buy a complete bike and eBay the parts, but want to waste the time, and nor do I want to buy a used frame off of someone.

Thanks a lot Giant, unless I can buy a frame overseas from a vendor, you just lost my business.

::Rant, over::

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    pickup a complete from the lbs..

if you have a build kit, why would you even consider an x0 for a second? get the lowest trim anthemx and ebay off all the parts.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Domestique
    Thanks a lot Giant, unless I can buy a frame overseas from a vendor, you just lost my business.
    No offense, I doubt they will be too upset. It seems they have all the business they want.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

inner peace to make peace
    how much is a Anthem X frame? How much does it weigh (med)?

Giant rocks. Rumor has it they gave their employees a nice bonus,, for a bike company, last year.

I like Giant's limited lifetime warrenty, technology, and pricing.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

mtbr member
    I want the FOX RP23 which is only on the X1 and XO, the lower builds have the RP2, which isn't as adjustable... I also stated, I don't want the bother to have to part everything out on ebay.

Trailnut, Frame set ($1,450), med. weights around 5 pounds and change (I think 5.5 pds)

Cycle Solutions
    Dude who cares about the RP23. I only ever use one propedal setting.

mtbr member

best thing i ever did

I went from a rp23 shocked bike to a R or no adjust at all expt rebound.&air.. shock on a base anthem x, No more thinking about what setting its in for what conditions, and no more regretting that i forgot to change it the right setting for certan sections.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Wish i had your advice a few months ago. Swapped all my parts including a rp23 from my 2007 trance 0 to a 2009 anthem x2. Then sold the trance with all the new 'lower' end parts including the R shock. Last few weeks noticed a small oil leak from around the rp23 rebound dail and lever. Have been meaning to get it serviced, today that small leak turned into a major one Maybe shouldve kept the new shock and off loaded the old one with the trance.

Cheers

Cycle Solutions
    I recently ditched a bunch of crap on my fork too and went to the Durin SL.

mtbr member
    SWEET!

Just found a frame across the coutnry at a large bike shop that had a couple frames and will be shipping me one on Tuesday!.

I will post pics once I have the build done!.

Pain Incorporated
    I think my shop has a couple medium Anthem X bikes in stock... Lemme know if this interests you or not.

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    Wow.

Yea my BF and I were told over six weeks ago when we did our team order that framsets were "very low to nearly out of stock" at the time (late Feb / early March timeframe?)

word: Giant is an OEM company, that's their business model. They make their bread and butter selling complete bikes at outrageous value, not by keeping framesets hanging around on inventory for a'la carte builders to maybe get around to purchasing. So as such, they stock very few framesets compared to their built line. They are able to do this by getting crazy deals on parts OEM because they sell so much volume.

You want to buy a frame then spec parts on your own custom build, buy an Ellsworth, Santa Cruz or Colnago. Those companies build their business models around people who want to do high end custom builds. Big industry mfgrs like Trek and Giant are in the OEM business for the most part.

Word to the wise to anyone else reading this thread who may consider buying bare Giant frames / framesets in future: If you haven't bought the current model year by 1 March (latest), especially on a new / popular frame like the AX, then you risk not being able to find your size available.

This is not mere speculation on my part, this was explained to me at length by a distributor back when I worked in a shop that sold Giant.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

WTS: Giant Anthem X Frameset 2010 - M

Hi guys, I am letting go of my brand new Giant Anthem X Frameset 2010, M-size. I got it 3 months ago on eBay and have since accepted a job overseas. With the moving and all, I don't see myself bringing the frame with me and build it in my new home...

Let me know if anyone is interested. I am ok to let go at the original price, shipping from Singapore on buyer tho. Thanks.

- Colour: Brushed Aluminium
    - Size: M
    - SHOCK: Fox Float RP23
    - Include: Headset, Seat Collar, Shock Pump and manuals as per original package

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-IN/...me/5471/43967/