mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Would a "Large" size Giant XTC fit me well?

I know it's a hard question to answer, but the bike is a 3 hour bus ride away from me, so I'd like to have a rough idea before I make the trip...I'm about 5'9-5'10 tall, with average legs (30" inseam?) and arms that are a little long for my body (annoying to buy dress shirts, especially since I went from 200lbs to 165lbs haha...shirts either fit my body or my arms).

I currently ride a 19" Giant Iguana Disc and finding it a perfect fit. Would I be happy on a Large XTC?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi,

I'm ~5'10 and I was riding XTC Midium for some time. I was quite happy but bike was stretched to the maximum, seatpost to max, seat moved all the way back ... felt little bit short. If Im correct for XTC M is actually 18" frame, L is 19".

Currently I'm riding Anthem 29 X0 M (which is actually 19") and it fits ok. Seatpost is not so extended and with inverted stem it feels just right.
    ==============
    Anthem X 29er 0

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks so much, appreciate the input!

It turns out the bike is actually a Medium...he had it wrong in his original ad. Looks like that may be a touch too small for me.

mtbr member
    Large is a 20" and I am 6'1 it fits me well. But I always feel most bikes leave me stretched out, so it is definetly a bit tighter than most 20" frames it feel.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks...the bike sold, but it sounds like M would be perfect for me!

on the flats
    Feb 2011
    I am on a medium and the bike fits me perfect! The best fitting bike I've ever been on!!!
    I am 5'7 with a 30'' inseam (i always feel like i have long legs for someone who is 5'7'')

xtc climbs like a champ! Makes for a perfect ss bike!