mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Will a Large 2009 Glory fit me?

I'm looking at getting a 2009 Glory DH0. Unfortunately none of my local stores have a Large in stock so I'm not able to sit on one before they order it in. I'm 6'7" and I'm wondering if the Large will be big enough?

I'm currently riding an XL Santa Cruz VP-Free that has a 24.9" effective top tube. The Free feels pretty spot on.

Giant quotes the Glory as having a 25.3" effective top tube. Big! I've read comments from people saying that figure is wrong however. Also I know that different frame/suspension designs can mean that this measurement can't necessarily be compared to other bikes.

Can anyone clear things up or give me an idea if they think the Large will be big enough, or tell me how these 2 bikes compare in terms of sizing?

Thanks in advance!

pokyrider
    Feb 2009
    No way. I took all of the measurements from my large vpx uzzi and my buddies faith. Also a large and decided to order a med. I have ridden his faith alot. I am 6'2" that bike should be a damn small. I was so dissapointed their measurements on their dh rigs are all f'd up. I think they should read xs s m on their three sizes. buy something else. I think santa cruz makes an xl in the v10 dont they. I know one of my other friends vp feels longer than it is so I think you will be as pissed as i was. DONT DO IT

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j.k.stanley
    No way. I took all of the measurements from my large vpx uzzi and my buddies faith. Also a large and decided to order a med. I have ridden his faith alot. I am 6'2" that bike should be a damn small. I was so dissapointed their measurements on their dh rigs are all f'd up. I think they should read xs s m on their three sizes. buy something else. I think santa cruz makes an xl in the v10 dont they. I know one of my other friends vp feels longer than it is so I think you will be as pissed as i was. DONT DO IT
    I'm having trouble figuring out what you're even trying to say. Maybe try rereading and being a little more clear. Remember the Faith and Glory are completely different bikes.

At any rate, Giants geometry is kind of wonky. But thats one place they have right. The large glory is huge. The Glory FR/0/1 whatever you want to call it doesn't have this same top tube, although it is listed as the same. So if you're planning on the DH, yes, it is huge. There is a great thread over on ride monkey for guys as tall as yourself and good options. I'll link it up. But by all accounts, the large glory DH is pretty huge.

pokyrider
    Feb 2009
    I have several friends who bought Glory DH's. Some large some med. Thought the med glory would have the similiar feel in the rough stuff,( as the faith felt pretty good in it), the DH felt way too short. Took my friends large out and it felt right. As I said I am 6'2" I just think it would be too small for someone who is 6'7". My son is 6'6" and he rode my buddies large Glory DH on the same outing and said it felt short to him. Sorry I am a shitty writer! Just trying to help someone not make the same mistake I did.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the advice guys. I managed to find a large Glory DH1 to go for a spin on and it definitely didn't feel huge; not to me. I've ordered a large Rotec RL9 which I think (hope, pray) will be perfect.

Captain Gravity
    Feb 2004

sizing

Hey Paranoid_Android, I think you'll like the fit of the lg RL9.....well as long as you don't have monkey arms.

Let me know how Kegs sorts you out as he's my voice downunder and if he can't you know how to find me.
    Sully

John Sullivan

Manufacturer
    Roteccycles USA
    www.roteccycles.com
    1-425-220-8663 direct