Just Ride

Will Giant do better for the AC in 2007?

I noticed again this year Giant only brought out one AC and it ended up being a very basic one like last years. In fact last years was better. I do think though that the AC is a very good affordable bike and i've always seemed to like them.

The thing i want, is for Giant to bring out more AC's and a higher end range next year. In 2003 there were 3 AC's to choose from. AC1, AC2 and AC3. In 2004 there was one less AC but they still were very good. In fact the 2004 AC1 was a very nice bike and retailed for $4500 AUD ($3300 USD) and i defintaly would have purchased one if i had the money.

It would be good in the next few years (possibly next year) for Giant to start putting more effort into the AC.

Have they stopped putting more effort into the AC because of the Faith series and the whole Maestro design?

Any comments would be great

Trance Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by [bEn]
    Have they stopped putting more effort into the AC because of the Faith series and the whole Maestro design?

You answered your own question.
    I just recently traded my 2002 AC1 and cash for a Trance 2. I will miss it. The AC1 was a great bike(my 1st FS). I was always trying to make it more XC and the geometry was just not quite right. Last year I added a Swinger 4-way air only shock and what a huge improvement that made. It was still not were I wanted to be on a bike. Now I have the perfect trail bike for me. Try finding a used AC on ebay instead of waiting for Giant. The new Reign's are where you should be looking if you were thinking of an AC. IMHO.
    Good luck...
    Last edited by Mtnbiker45; 03-17-2006 at 10:55 AM.

"El Whatever"
    I noticed again this year Giant only brought out one AC and it ended up being a very basic one like last years. In fact last years was better. I do think though that the AC is a very good affordable bike and i've always seemed to like them.

The thing i want, is for Giant to bring out more AC's and a higher end range next year. In 2003 there were 3 AC's to choose from. AC1, AC2 and AC3. In 2004 there was one less AC but they still were very good. In fact the 2004 AC1 was a very nice bike and retailed for $4500 AUD ($3300 USD) and i defintaly would have purchased one if i had the money.

It would be good in the next few years (possibly next year) for Giant to start putting more effort into the AC.

Last model they did that is RIP now... the Warp.
    Check my Site

I just let one RIP
    The AC has been downgraded to a budget bike. The Reign and Faith lines have replaced the AC as trail and FR bikes, respectively. Both are better than the AC. If you want a trail/xc/light freeride rig, get the Reign. If you want a dedicated bighit machine, opt for the Faith. If you really must have an AC, I would look for a used one, otherwise you will overspend upgrading a new, cheap AC to the level of the old AC1s.

Just Ride
    I've always wanted to know why Giant downgraded their AC. I will look into getting a Reign or possibly a Kona Coiler as my next bike. I'll be using it for agressive xc to all mountain riding.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I owned an AC,got stolen,and its was a great bike but not as good at all mtn riding as my Reign IMO.It didnt pedal as good,mayby a SPV or RP3 would have made an improvement. Still it was a great bike on which I had a ton of fun.Was my first longer travel full,had an NRS before that. The Reign is a worthy replacement for the AC

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    the AC is done in the United States now
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

Too Kool for Skool
    I've always wanted to know why Giant downgraded their AC. I will look into getting a Reign or possibly a Kona Coiler as my next bike. I'll be using it for agressive xc to all mountain riding.

Thanks.

The reign will fit that style better than the coiler. the coiler has a coil over shock (hence the name coiler) and is alittle too freeride oriented just agressive xc and am. I say get the reign for what you want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...