siv
    mtbr member

Who's got an XL Reign?

Pedaled a Large around the other day and the TT was a bit short ( Im 6'1", long legs and arms). So what size are you guys on the XL's?

siv
    mtbr member
    Anybody? Cant switch from a Cannondale unless I have some input.

Reader
    Oct 2005

I'm 6'3"

Used to ride large bikes, switched to XL a few years ago with short stem and love it. Also found I even climbed better, I think due to being more centered in the XL's longer wheelbase versus too much seatpost in a L.

If you can, try an XL with a 50-70 mm stem.

2 minutes turkish
    6'5" on an Xl '08 Reign
    I put a 55mm stem on

I don't climb much, keep it set up pretty slack.

siv
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeZender
    Used to ride large bikes, switched to XL a few years ago with short stem and love it. Also found I even climbed better, I think due to being more centered in the XL's longer wheelbase versus too much seatpost in a L.

If you can, try an XL with a 50-70 mm stem.

Im only 6' 1" but I have a 35" inseam and hate how high my seat is in relation to the bar height. Cannondale does not increase the headtube length from S to XL so bigger riders get put in an uncomfortably position IMO, downhills are tricky. I might post another thread but does the Reign climb ok? Its only a 1/2 inch more travel than the Prophet. I prefer the Reign to the Trance X unless it just sucks climbing or is a drag on techy singletrack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm 6'2 and have a 34"inseam and I ride an XL. I think it climbs great and puts me in a comfortable riding position. To me the bike just feels right. It feels small enough to balance my way through tricky stuff but is big enough for me to sit and ride comfortably. The Giant suspension design is great so there isn't much bob at all when out of the saddle too.

siv
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by edude222
    I'm 6'2 and have a 34"inseam and I ride an XL. I think it climbs great and puts me in a comfortable riding position. To me the bike just feels right. It feels small enough to balance my way through tricky stuff but is big enough for me to sit and ride comfortably. The Giant suspension design is great so there isn't much bob at all when out of the saddle too.
    Thats all good to hear. The large would fit for purely downhill but I need the seat up to pedal too. Im thinking XL with a Joplin. Now just waiting too see if the 09's are worth waiting for. Thanks for the input guys.