mtbr member

Where to get OEM Fox Talas RLC FIT Factory 120-140mm from X 0

In the UK it comes on the X 0 and here in the states its on the advanced sl 0

It's a Fox 32 Talas RLC Fit 120-140mm w/ 15QR

I'd like to know if I can source this somewhere? It seems to be a great compromise between the Fox talas 140 which is 110/140 and the talas 150 which is 120/150mm.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Try/call BikerBob

mtbr member
    Does he sell new take offs or used stuff?I'll call them tomorrow as its obviously too late tonight

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Isn't the fork you are looking at just a 150 with a spacer installed?

BikerBob can get just about anything bike related but I'm not sure about used items.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    Isn't the fork you are looking at just a 150 with a spacer installed?

BikerBob can get just about anything bike related but I'm not sure about used items.
    i dont know, thats a good question? is it? if it is i guess i could just do that then ive just been reading reviews that the fox talas 150 at 150mm height is a little flexible w/ 15qr and at that height its better to get a fox 36 w/ 20qr. so i figured 120-140mm would be fine on 15qr in terms of stiffness.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I believe that it's a 150 with a spacer. Fox does that on a lot of OEM forks. I have the same fork that came OEM on my bike. It's set at 140 with a 10mm spacer, if I remove it the fork will be at 150. I think BikerBob can get the factory fork you are looking for NIB for $300-400 below MSRP.

mtbr member
    thanks called and lvm for him

mtbr member
    well called fox and they said you cant put a spacer on a talas. when i told them about giants trance x 0 he said it cant be correct and is probably a misprint. theres only a 110-140 or 120-150

called giant. got transferred to "technical support" was on hold for 20mins and got disconnected. so w/e

anyone w/ a advance sl 0 or x 0 please measure at the reported "120" setting and see if its true or measures at 110

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It sounds like the rep you spoke to doesn't know the product line indepthly which isn't uncommon. I have a 10mm spacer on my fork, my buddy does not, my fork is set at 140 & his is at 150...we have the same fork. Ask to speak to one of the engineers at Fox or just take the fork apart yourself & solve the mystery.

mtbr member
    Tom you have a talas right? Not a float?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have the fork that adjusts its travel, the float doesn't AFAIK.

mtbr member
    thanks tom. just wanted to confirm because i was being told only float can have spacers installed. i'll try calling fox again

sinner
    Jan 2007
    They are 140 120. I have one sitting in my garage.

mtbr member
    guess these must be custom made for giant. as everyone in the shock forum says you can not just open up a talas and add a spacer.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Search the Specialized forum, there are folks who are converting their bikes to Evo's & the cheapest way is to remove the spacer to get the 150 of travel.

Call Push, you'll get the straightest answer from them. They take forks apart everyday, all day.

Hill eater
    I have a Trance Advanced SL 0 with those forks, they are definitely 140mm - 120mm as marked. I measured the 140mm in full travel mode and it's spot on, but when I turn it to 120mm mine will sit at 130mm, I can't get them to sit at 120mm.

Does anyone else have that issue?

Only a small gripe, I have not ridden the bike for long yet but I'm really liking this fork, and the bike in general

Righto I'm off for a ride
    We don't stop playing because we grow old
    We grow old because we stop playing.