mtbr member

Smile Whats your opinio about Warp Ds-2?

hi there.

I want by a Warp DS2 for 320$.(it works a few)
    do you recommand it?
    it is my first giant.
    I am not a professional user but I want have good choice.
    TX.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Very entry level, but if it is in very good condition and well maintained, it's not a bad choice for that amount. I don't know what else is available for that amount of money where you live, but the most important thing is that it fits properly. I know a lot of people got started on the Warp models and there isn't much else as far as full suspension goes in that price range that would be worth your consideration.

I hope you'll continue to post and show us some pics from your local riding areas.

FYI: There is at least one other rider from your area here: SABER_MTB

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    Very entry level, but if it is in very good condition and well maintained, it's not a bad choice for that amount. I don't know what else is available for that amount of money where you live, but the most important thing is that it fits properly. I know a lot of people got started on the Warp models and there isn't much else as far as full suspension goes in that price range that would be worth your consideration.

I hope you'll continue to post and show us some pics from your local riding areas.

FYI: There is at least one other rider from your area here: SABER_MTB

tanx.
    my budget is 650$
    I Live in iran.(try to put some picture of my riding areas)
    our dealer brings all models of giant.
    here is some model with price:
    Boulder SE : 300$
    Iguana Disc : 800$
    Yukon USA : 620$
    Rincon USA : 560$
    after Iguana disc Wich one of them you recommend?

one of my friend want to sell a cannondale F700 carbon fiber with this features:
    - hand made in USA
    - carbon fiber wheels
    - carbon fiber handle bars
    - shimano XT set

but rear wheel has a few problem and he claim that it is more apropriate for cross country and freeride.his price is 800$(also sell another F3000 For 1300$ but it is not affordable for me )
    what yuo say?

mtbr member

my warp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by actros
    tanx.
    my budget is 650$
    I Live in iran.(try to put some picture of my riding areas)
    our dealer brings all models of giant.
    here is some model with price:
    Boulder SE : 300$
    Iguana Disc : 800$
    Yukon USA : 620$
    Rincon USA : 560$
    after Iguana disc Wich one of them you recommend?

one of my friend want to sell a cannondale F700 carbon fiber with this features:
    - hand made in USA
    - carbon fiber wheels
    - carbon fiber handle bars
    - shimano XT set

but rear wheel has a few problem and he claim that it is more apropriate for cross country and freeride.his price is 800$(also sell another F3000 For 1300$ but it is not affordable for me )
    what yuo say?
    See if you can get a Yukon FX. It's a full suspension version of the Yukon. It is a decent entry level full suspension bike. I would stay away from the Carbon fiber bike. Giant also has a lifetime frame warranty if you are the original owner.
    The Yukon hardtail is also a good choice and is in your budget. If you can spend more and want a full suspension bike, get the FX model.

The only thing I don't like about the warp is the interupted seat tube. And the rear shock could be crap and give you a negative experience. Also the warp from seanman has been upgraded considerably in the wheels and brakes department, maybe fork and crankset as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Good job!

my son had one of those, rode the wheels off it, very relieable bike.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride, she fights MMA.

mtbr member

thanks for answers.

I am not insist of full suspansion system.
    said that they waste more energy in the uphills.

What aboat Iguana?
    Has yukon any advantage against iguana?
    Cause I see a stock iguana in the internet market (plus a giant accessories:spaner+gloves+thermos) for 400$.

another question:
    Do you recommend yukon usa for 650$ (vs yukon 530$)
    Does disk brake system work well in this price? (600$)
    Last edited by actros; 07-21-2008 at 07:58 AM.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I think he was recommending the Yukon FX which is a full suspension bike that has essentially taken over for the Warp series which is no longer sold here in the states.

It's hard to recommend one model over another sold in other countries without seeing the full specs because what is sold here is not necessarily what is sold in other countries with regards to components specs.

Do you have a web link for what is offered in Iran?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    I think he was recommending the Yukon FX which is a full suspension bike that has essentially taken over for the Warp series which is no longer sold here in the states.

It's hard to recommend one model over another sold in other countries without seeing the full specs because what is sold here is not necessarily what is sold in other countries with regards to components specs.

Do you have a web link for what is offered in Iran?
    you are right.
    we have a site but now have some pronlem in server.
    http://www.cross-ir.com/ContentDefault9.aspx?sid=us10
    in your country which one of iguana and yukon is better?I think this condition also set in iran.
    in persian yukon usa come with disk brake system.(yukon has not it).
    I dont thinke be a deep diffrent between regions.

maybe I could wait for a mounth and by a yukon fx.(it so flicks to me )

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Probably the same pecking order with the Ranier, Iguana, then Yukon and finally the Boulder, but it is usually the component specs that differ from one county/region to another.

All of them are considered more or less toward the entry level side of the spectrum as is the Yukon FX, but they are generally a solid value and known for standing behind their products.

Trail Rider
    I own and ride a Warp DS-2 for the last 3 years. It may be classified as an entry level FS bike, but it is worth every penny. The stock shock that Giant uses gives full control, compression and rebound adjustment. 4 - 5" of adjustment too!! I upgraded to disc brakes (mostly for looks at the beginning, but after running them, I can't go back). I've completed a 50k race with it and it held up fine. It may be a little on the heavy side, but you get a solid feeling ride.

Highly recommended for the price.