Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's the different between US and Asia edition ?

786 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RiftZone 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am a new comer from HK. Anyone can help ? Many thanks

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
BikeSATORI said:
What make the rear shock look cheap?
I like the white NRS from I believe last year from asia - I believe it was SuiChai who posted a pic on the "let's see you Giant" post.
The Rear shock is Giant's own proprietary shock. Don't know who makes it, but it's more reliable than the previous Rock Shox Sid. The shock has a NRS logo and nothing else, no rebound or compression controls. Slightly heavier yet offers about half an inch or so more travel than the Sid.

Besides the colors and parts, the 2003 Asian models had a tapered downtube where the Giant logo is stamped on the lower line models, now they're rounded again for 2004.

For 2004, Asia/Pacific regions get the NRS Air and NRS 1 with a carbon front triangle and newly tweaked swingarm. Prices in Aisa and outside USA are cheap for the NRS as compared to the US, partly due to Specialized's patent that applies in the US market.

I was going to purchase one but half my riding buddies ride Giants, nothing wrong with them, they are excellent bikes just didn't want to be another Sheep in the herd..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.