Quiet Professional

What size dropper for your reign?

I am wondering what size dropper post everyone is running. I am not sure which I should get. Was looking at 125mm and 150mm. What say you?

MTB B'dos
    I say it's all dependent on what size frame you have and how much post you have exposed. Check the manufacturers site to see how much post must be in the frame and how much room the hardware takes up above the tube, then add it all up and see what you can use. Personally, I've never wanted to lower my saddle more than 4-5", even on the steepest stuff so I use a 100mm right now, might go to 125mm in the future for my next post and swap this one to my HT - FYI riding a Banshee Prime 130/140mm travel.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Quiet Professional
    I am riding a 2011 Reign in medium. Will measure how much post I need to be comfortable. Bike shop cut my current one way too short and hard to get a good feel on it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have a 2010 Reign with a 125 Lev. I am just shy of 5' 10" and generally the 5" drop is fine. I can drop my seat low enough to pretty much be flat flooted on the ground. Should note for more XC riding this is fine as I can extend to full climb height and still drop for more than ample decending.

When riding on the shore, I will sometimes lift or drop the post close to 1" to get full height or full drop capabilities. For me it is needed on the extra steep and tech shore trails. Not certain on the actual post length on the 6" Lev vs the 5" and if the 6" post would have still allowed enough drop before it bottomed out on the seat tube so I opted for the 5" version.

No regrets the KS Lev is super.