Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

what happend to all mountain ???

973 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SingleSpeedPA 
#1 ·
the trance is 4 inches , basically all mountain but not so all mountain on the downhills .The reign is or could be classified as a all mountain except not so all mountain on the uphills. when i get to test ride the trance if the 4 inches is fully linear and worx and feels as plush as my vt i may get one but personally the frame is very similar {shape} to other makes except for the shock housing. that re enforcement tube that joins the top tube to the seat tube looks a bit dicky on the reign...makes a good handle....VT good uphills,good down hill...= all mountain...and proven..

#3 ·
DIRTBURP said:
the trance is 4 inches , basically all mountain but not so all mountain on the downhills .The reign is or could be classified as a all mountain except not so all mountain on the uphills. when i get to test ride the trance if the 4 inches is fully linear and worx and feels as plush as my vt i may get one but personally the frame is very similar {shape} to other makes except for the shock housing. that re enforcement tube that joins the top tube to the seat tube looks a bit dicky on the reign...makes a good handle....VT good uphills,good down hill...= all mountain...and proven..
Reign replaces the VT. It has only 0.25 more inches travel than the VT,. and it pedals very well up hill, probably at least as well as the VT, so by your definitions, I would say it very much fits in the all mountain category.

#4 ·
yeah, I would say the Reign probably beats the VT in the all mountain catagory. Better pedaling efficiency (well at least equal) and more travel for the dh's too! I think if you went to a Trance from a VT you might be dissappointed, unless you were specifically looking for a shorter travel, lighter ride. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.