mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Smile What does a Trance XO Frameset weigh?

Hello fellow Giant Trance X fans. I am currently selling my Heckler here on MTBR and looking to down size on weght and travel. I am considering the Trance X1 with numerous upgrades to XT, or sell my frame and fork and move the components (XTR & XT etc.) to a Trance XO frame and add the Fox Talas R 140mm version. Any one weighed the Trance XO frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Trance X

I currently ride one just like that. I weighed the frame and shock at the dealer a few months back and I remember seeing something like 5.7 lb for the size small I bought with a float r. Basically I bought the trance x2 frame in black with the r shock and built it up With many of my own great parts including a 2008 140 RLC and then I had Push do both the front and rear suspension. It is transformed into a trail bike that sprints and climbs like a hardtail and goes through rock gardens and 3 to 4 ft drops like a big hit bike. I can make it firm or plush with very little work and a shock pump. It also weighs under 26 lbs with 2.35 Kenda Nevagals. Needles to say I think you'll be very happy with the outcome.
    Enjoy!