Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Warp shock upgrade

583 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jwiffle 
#1 ·
I'm contemplating replacing the stock Giant shock on my 2004 Warp with a Fox Vanilla R in hopes of minimizing some of the bob. Has anyone made this change, and is Fox's pro pedal damping really worth the change? I've read some reviews, and they're somewhat mixed. My understanding is that from a sizing standpoint, I'll need a 7.5" X 2" shock. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Clyde

#2 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
I'm contemplating replacing the stock Giant shock on my 2004 Warp with a Fox Vanilla R in hopes of minimizing some of the bob. Has anyone made this change, and is Fox's pro pedal damping really worth the change? I've read some reviews, and they're somewhat mixed. My understanding is that from a sizing standpoint, I'll need a 7.5" X 2" shock. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

Clyde
Yeah, a stable platform shock would be a great upgrade on the Warp. I believe the size you listed is correct for your model, earlier models used 6.5x1.5. Fox or a Manitou Swinger 3 way would be excellent choices, IMO. An air shock will also save a little weight, another bonus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.