Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Warp '03 Vs. '02

607 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jwiffle 
#1 ·
Hi Folks!!!

Anyone had ridden a Warp '02 and post-'03???

I'll be buying a used Warp frame sometime this year and I'm interested on how do these frames compare. I like the post-'03 but I had seen very few and some at outrageous prices (considering the original cost of the bike).

I wonder how the small-shocked '02 (6.5" X 1.5") compares to the long shocked (7.5" X 2") '03 and '04. I would expect more reliability on the post'03 as the longer shock gives a lower leverage on the shock and reducing stress on the frame, but what about ride quality?? Angles are the same so the rear suspension behavior make a difference.

Any shop dude can confirm if the Warp is really to disappear this year off from US catalog??? (We mexicans get the same US bikes, but at double the cost :D )
thanks for your answers!!!
Warp

#2 ·
Warp2003 said:
Hi Folks!!!

Anyone had ridden a Warp '02 and post-'03???

I'll be buying a used Warp frame sometime this year and I'm interested on how do these frames compare. I like the post-'03 but I had seen very few and some at outrageous prices (considering the original cost of the bike).

I wonder how the small-shocked '02 (6.5" X 1.5") compares to the long shocked (7.5" X 2") '03 and '04. I would expect more reliability on the post'03 as the longer shock gives a lower leverage on the shock and reducing stress on the frame, but what about ride quality?? Angles are the same so the rear suspension behavior make a difference.

Any shop dude can confirm if the Warp is really to disappear this year off from US catalog??? (We mexicans get the same US bikes, but at double the cost :D )
thanks for your answers!!!
Warp
I had an '02 Warp and liked the ride fine. Can't really compare it to a later model, as I've not ridden one other than playing around in the store. As for '05, last rumor I heard was that the AC would be downgraded and called the Warp, but not sure if that is true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.