mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Video of a Giant Team Rider???

I have a few thoughts about this video. First and foremost, these guys need to learn some trail manners. They practically push other riders off of the trail, and when you watch this video, you'll see why this is a big deal.

Aside from that, these guys are just insane. They make it look effortless. The rider in front (#84) obviously has a ton of skill....watch the way he "drifts" into some of the sharper turns. Watch around 5:15-5:20.....I thought for sure he was going to eat it on that jump. I thought he was going to hit the wall on his left.

Now, more importantly, the website says the rider is Sebastian Chovet. I've never heard of him, but it seems that he may be with Team Giant. Should Giant sponsor a rider like this? Obviously he has crazy skills, but look at the way he rides around others.

This is probably one of the most insane videos I have ever seen....

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...te-de-venosc-c

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Agreed, his trail manners are abysmal but so are those of the guy with the head cam behind, that said he is clearly an expert rider, or a very lucky one (can’t believe he didn’t come off on any of the corners). At the moment no I don’t think he should be Giant team rider (if he is already) but if he took a few lessons in trail manners or went to a trail with a few less riders then why not?
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by EGF168; 07-31-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Just roll it......
    Both riders are pretty skilled, obviously, but they both have zero manners and were making seriously dangerous passes on the narrow trail. The dude in front never even gave any warning to some of the folks he passed. The guy in back at least whistled to alert folks, but he didn't give a "thanks" or anything. If they had tried to pass me like that, they would've got a foot to their arse.

EB

mtbr member
    That French guy...SO arrogant which is almost a pigeon hole trait so what do you expect...!!!! TIC.
    And YES, they showed and displayed some seriously bad manners and if they were on my trail they would soon be stopped, lectured and banned for the season due to the fact that could have seriously injured or endangered someone on those trails near the cliffs to the point of death.
    But I have never seen a guy use his rear brakes SO much to skid and rip all over the trail to get around a corner before with feet off the peddles...too much moto style and this Frenchy is just arrogantly ripping all over the show snaking through the tight corners, which are dangerous with other lower level riders on the trail especially with a cliff on the edge of the trail and he does not give any warning or ask to "Passing" by with a thanks at the end.

Yep, he would be banned on our trail. And if he is a Giant sponsored rider, he should'nt be with that attitude and style.

I think the guy at the back tried to warn but because he was filming and probably had most of his attention on the lead rider as well as the trail itself, which is still no excuse of course but at least he tried to give some kind of warning...but that guy in the front...ARGH

2 words to describe him as a complete "Arrogant Fckuer" (rarely do I swear) and if I saw him I would give chase now that he had rudely cleared the trail and proceed to dish him his own treatment. I think that they are more than average riders although I am not sure about the Frenchie being a sponsored rider or not because he does not ride like a pro from my perception.

Seeing that really type of riding though just makes me fume...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    That looks like a pretty scary trial that could cause serious problems to people thats less experienced. Those riders certainly did not help.

mtbr member
    He's a dick. Also he's not that great of a rider. His turning technique sucks and his braking is really sloppy too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Highly Skilled Riders vs. Unskilled

Well, neither the fast riders or the slow riders did the right thing, I know that when I am riding slow riders that don't pull over really piss me off. BUT the fast riders should have given the other riders a warning before he passed.

mtbr member
    yep I have seen that vid before and I still do not think he is a great rider. Of course he has skills, but it is how he uses them. Just because a person is sponsored does not make them great riders. Man I have seen some far superior riders in many places that hate the idea of being sponsored and competing, they only like the purity of the sport - if I can say that without it sounding surfer-ish.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Wow, that guy was pretty good. I thought he was going to eat it on a couple of those jumps. And honestly, I wish he had. It would have been hilarious. I agree with you guys, his trail manners sucked, and that's a nice way of putting it. I was impressed with how well he picked lines, how he seemed to shift he weight so effortlessly. But, he power slid through every corner, and when it came to switchbacks, he basically overshot each one and had to come to a near stop each time. He was showboating way too much.
    Regardless, he needs to stop riding like that around others. It's rude, and more importantly, dangerous.