mtbr member
    Oct 2006

User manual(s) for 2012 Anthem X 29er 0?

Hi guys

I've managed to find the user manual for the fork (RockShox SID 29 RCT3) online but not the shock (RockShox Monarch RT3). Anyone know where to find it? I can find the service manual but that's not what I'm after.

Do Giant do a user manual for the bike at all? I was thinking it's possible Giant have suspension setting recommendations that are specific to this frame rather than the general settings.

I have seen the settings printed on the suspension. I'm 110kg/242lb geared up and the settings don't go that high. I hoped the user manual had a bit more detail.

Thanks!

Epic rider
    Send me a pm with your email, will send the pdf.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
    12 Anthem X29
    07 Epic Marathon carbon
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Anniversary
    03 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    00 Rockhopper Pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Great! Done.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    sebnt you a PM as well
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hi guys

I'm in Australia and just bought an anthem 2012 29 erX0 and didn't get a user manual or books for the sid fork or monarch rt3 shock. Could you pm me the user manual too please rapsac and if you have it the shock or fork manuals. I can't find them anywhere.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    As far as I know this is the only documentation available for the suspension, including what rapsac had. Fairly limited in terms of technical information and tuning advice. Although I've mostly worked out everything I'd needed to know I still think it's bad form that a large manufacturer can't provide a user manual for a nice bicycle.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7137867/Rock...rk%20Guide.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7137867/Rock...ck%20Guide.pdf
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7137867/Rock...ng%20Chart.pdf

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thanks PA for posting that. II found those two manuals on the SRAM website for the monarch and dual air but I am amazed there is nothing specific for the current model monarch or SID forks. That chart I didn't have so will help. Your right, not getting a manual from such a large company is poor form. My last bike, aGT, had a manual outlining sag requirements for the I drive supensension and a service manual to regrease and pull apart the whole I drive system. Great bike but I'd expect more from Giant

Bascule
    Had the same thought - the Fox suspension on my previous bike came with a huge manual and DVD explaining pretty much everything. By contrast, I got the set-up for the SIDs and Monarch on my X0 off the web as I couldn't find what I was after on the SRAM / RockShox website. If I was a manufacturer I'd be embarrassed that my customers were relying on third-party setup instructions to get the best out of my products - especially when the dual-air setup on the SIDs requires a bit of fiddling.

Useful websites:
    fuzzz.gaulin.ca/2007/07/29/dial-in-your-reba-like-a-pro/
    faqload.com/faqs/bicycle-components/suspension/rockshox-sid-race-2009-2010-setup-tips]FAQLoad - Rockshox SID Race 2009/2010 Setup Tips
    (Sorry, haven't got enough posts to include these as a link).

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for those links Bascule. Looks like some good tuning information there. Will definitely be very useful!