Alberto
    Nov 2005

Upgrade Fork for my Trance 1

I'm looking tto upgrade my fork for a better and longer one, wich one do you recomend me?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Fox F130x is sweet but the Trance is really designed for a 100mm fork for optimal balance 100mm front and back. I would stick with the Fox that is on there or shed some weight and go with a R/S Reba World Cup
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

mtbr member
    A lot of us Trance riders are riding with 5" forks (a lot of us wished Giant made the Trance with 5" rear too!).

Here are some forks that have been used:
    Rock Shox Revelation (U-turn Air)
    Rock Shox Reba 05 (can be extended to 115mm)
    Fox Vanilla 125/130
    Fox Float 130
    Fox Talas

Personally, I'm running Revelation Air U-turn and I absolutely love 'em! I find that the U-turn allows me to adjust the bike for different terrain. EG: One week I'll be riding rough single track in rocky terrain- 130mm. next week I'll ride smooth buff single track but with fast descents -115 mm. and mid week I'll take the bike out for a road ride- 100mm.
    Plus with the Motion Control, you can set it up to be a pedal platform or a lockout. Personally I have it set as a pedalling platform for most rides, but i switch it off for long or rough descents. For rides that are trail head- long climb- long descent-trail head and road rides, i set it to be a lockout.

mtbr member
    also should mention that with the RS Revelations at 130mm, HA is very relaxed around 69.5-70 degrees. The difference between 100 and 130mm is quite big. Personally I enjoy the slacker HA. It's much better for descents. But with the U-turn you can simply adjust as you go!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alberto_morel@hotmail.com
    I'm looking tto upgrade my fork for a better and longer one, wich one do you recomend me?
    I'm putting a Minute:Four on my Trance. Basically though, I think that if you want more travel for descents, any easily adjustable travel fork would be wicked: RS Revelation, TALAS 130, Minute:Four. That way you can throw down the travel for climbing and then move it up to 130ish for descents.

I will post up some pics once I get the frame built up.
    Support your local advocacy group: FVMBA!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm using a Minute 3:00 on mine, and am quite pleased with it.

One thing I've found handy is the ability to drop the fork in its travel with the Infinite Travel adjust, but it's on a 22" bike and I'm a tall guy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by majura
    A lot of us Trance riders are riding with 5" forks (a lot of us wished Giant made the Trance with 5" rear too!).

Here are some forks that have been used:
    Rock Shox Revelation (U-turn Air)
    Rock Shox Reba 05 (can be extended to 115mm)
    Fox Vanilla 125/130
    Fox Float 130
    Fox Talas

Personally, I'm running Revelation Air U-turn and I absolutely love 'em! I find that the U-turn allows me to adjust the bike for different terrain. EG: One week I'll be riding rough single track in rocky terrain- 130mm. next week I'll ride smooth buff single track but with fast descents -115 mm. and mid week I'll take the bike out for a road ride- 100mm.
    Plus with the Motion Control, you can set it up to be a pedal platform or a lockout. Personally I have it set as a pedalling platform for most rides, but i switch it off for long or rough descents. For rides that are trail head- long climb- long descent-trail head and road rides, i set it to be a lockout.
    An adjustable fork is great indeed! Currently I ride my Fox Talas RL at 90 mm, but when you head to a more agressive trail, you can set it at 110, or 130 mm even. It's great.