Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

TX1 therapy build

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gixer7 
#1 ·
Long story short rear ended by car on street bike resulting in a right side dislocated hip and shattered pelvic bone. Lot's of titanium plates and screws to hold it all together and I am finally upright and running around without much of a hiccup in my giddy up.

Coming off of a hard tail to a TX1 there are no words to describe it's climbing and descending abilities this bike can do it all.

My build is as follows:

08' TX1 Large
Fox F120RLC 15 mm
Fox RP2
Shimano XT Front Derailleur
Shimano XT Shadow Rear Derailleur
Shimano XTR Shifters
Race Face Deus Cranks w/Turbine Rings
Chris King Bottom Bracket
Crank Brothers Ti Egg Beaters
KMC X9SL Chain
Race Face Next Bars w/Woodman Bar Ends
Thomson X2 stem 110mm
Thomson Master Piece Post & Clamp
WTB Devo Carbon wTi rails
Magura Louise Carbon BAT
Ashima Ai Rotors 180 Front & 160 Rear w/Ti bolts
Industry Nine XC Laced to Stans 355 rims (15 mm front & 10 mm rear)
Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 Front & Rear (tubeless)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
xckonakeith said:
Nice work! Looks great.

Are those standard Rocket Ron's run tubeless (with sealant)? How did they mount up? The reason I ask is I'm about to do this setup on my Trance X.

Cheers,

Keith
I've done a similar tire (racing ralph EVO, not UST version) and they sealed fine, easier than a raceking SS anyway. About 1~1.5 scoops of stans in each.

However, the sidewall was so thin I sliced a tire that the sealant wouldn't fill in the first month. That's what I get for running a lightweight non-UST tire tubeless :p

I'm sure if you had the actual UST/tubeless version of the tire it would be a snap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.