Thread: trance1vs nrs2

enjoy the view

trance1vs nrs2

ok guys, here's the dl on this thing i need help with. i currently own a 04 1/2 nrs2 with upgraded everything 'cept the fork and pedals. i love my nrs but a friend of mine who works at the lbs is selling me his 04 trance 1 frame. he's asking 650 for the frame and 1050 if i was to get the fork (f130rlc) too. the trance is slightly used but very well maintained.

i wanted to go to the f100rlt for the nrs next spring or put all my stock parts back on the nrs and get the trance frame. i guess you guys get my drift. would you stick with the nrs and spend a little or spend a lot and go to the trance. pls. help

ps. i love xc riding but aside from being a clyde, love a little jumping too. any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks all,

rex

mtbr member
    I think that you'll find that the Trance is a much more complient ride. The rear suspension works as a continuously active system- dropping into almost every rut, soaking up most bumbs all of the time. Whereas the NRS is pretty much a hardtail, with some extra weight, that squishes on big bumbs etc.

The Trance is really more of a Trail bike, designed for comfort over speed (although it still goes fast). I think you'll find that it will handle better going down hill and through technical sections (both climbing and descending).

In the end, if you really like the way your NRS works (or you race a lot), then keep it. But if you want more comfort and do a few more of those little jumps, then I'd go for the Trance (perfect for enduro racing too).

enjoy the view
    thanks for the advice x.c., but i think i'll be holding on to my nrs. i'd love to get a trance sometime but i would rather have it as a second ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0