mtbr member

Trance XO wheel kit?

Did your Trance XO include the wheel kit that goes with the Mavic Crossmax ST i.e, UST valves, spoke wrench, wheel magnet, and bearing adjustment tool?
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yes,

Did yours not come with one?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Trance X0 wheel kit

Mine came with the kit, but it had tubes in the tires. I immediately took out the tubes, put in the Stan's tubeless valves and Stan's. Front wheel valve seemed to have difficulty seating initially, but it seems to be working fine now.

mtbr member
    That is correct. The bike does come with tubes, you have to make them tubless. Are you running the stock Kenda tires?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, DTC's. Thought I might switch them out, but they have been pretty good so far.

mtbr member
    My bike is on order, I just wanted to know what I'd need to go tubeless as soon as I get the bike. Thanks

Did yours not come with one?[/QUOTE]
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Good decision. I have not yet discovered the full capabilities of this bike! The climbing, decending, steering--all amazing.

The X0 comes with UST wheels, but they put regular tires and tubes on it. I have used Stan's No-Tubes stuff for at least 4 years and wouldn't ride without it. (I even use it on my tubless road tires.) You can order their stuff and learn about it at http://www.notubes.com and I am confident your lbs has their stuff in stock. Follow Stan's directions and it will work well. You don't need a rim strip, just Stan's valves. Be sure to buy Stan's core remover so you can add sealant later (need to do it every couple of months) without taking the tire off. When you get the bike, don't take the tires off completely. Just take off one side and take out the tubes. Put in Stan's valves and sealant and then soap up the beads. Put air in (I used a regular pump) and go ride. Don't inflate over 40 lbs. I ride mine at 30-32 lbs and that may be too high.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone!
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just bought a Trance X0 today and didn't get a wheel kit.

mtbr member

That's interesting........

....I bought mine just two weeks ago and got the kit, I used it today to go tubeless and it worked like a charm. I'd check back with your bike shop, maybe they just forgot to give you all the hardware that came in the box. It should include stems, a weird lever thing, a spoke wrench, wheel magnet, and wheel instructions from Mavic. I used Stan's juice in the tires.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I picked the wheel kit from my LBS but don't see an wheel magnet in there. The Mavic manual doesn't even mention it. What does this thing look like? Better yet a picture of what is included in this kit would be great.

mtbr member

The wheel magnet....

....is about the size of a dime(rectangle black), it's for use with you bike computer because a standard magnet won't fit the high tech spokes on this wheelset. You won't need it unless you got a cycling computer on yer bike.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Oh great, I didn't get the wheel magnet and I was planning on getting a cycling computer. Now what am I supposed to do?

mtbr member

The kit should...

include manuals, stem kit, spoke wrench, lever, and magnet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member

I'd go......

....back and ask the LBS to get you one.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    I know some LBS's that actually keep that stuff as well as shock pumps etc etc and sell it later, dodgy but true. I would check back at the LBS and ask for yours or ask where yours dissapeared to...?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My LBS doesn't have a wheel magnet that was supposed to come with my wheel kit. So now how can I get one of these, as I am planning on getting a bike computer soon.

mtbr member

Try emailing....

.....Mavic or ask the LBS to get you one they should be able to contact Giant or Mavic for you.
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I finally got my Mavic wheel magnet. Phew.

mtbr member
    conspiracy...?J/K