mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Trance XO Dealer/LBS Cost Inquiry

Anyone know what an LBS's cost is for a 2008 Trance XO? $2100? $2300? My LBS wants to sell me an XO for a "steal" -- approx. $3100 (before tax) and told me that his cost was $2300. I just wanted to validate this.
    Last edited by dllq; 06-21-2008 at 03:55 PM.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]A Trance XO is top of the range, the retail is around $3700 so heís not ripping you off, itís well worth it and better value than a lot of the competition, the kit is nicer but thereís nothing the XO can do that the X1 and 2 canít, the X1 is the best value though.

[/SIZE]Iíd be interested to know what the shop actually does pay Giant for the bike, $2300 sounds pretty low to me.

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by dllq
    Anyone know what an LBS's cost is for a 2008 Trance XO? $2100? $2300? My LBS wants to sell me an XO for a "steal" -- approx. $3100 (before tax) and told me that his cost was $2300. I just wanted to validate this.
    Why? What diff does it make if you know his margin? He shouldn't have mentioned it... What matters is that the deal is competitive and he backs up the product he is selling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

costs going up

True -- it makes no difference. I agree -- ultimately all that matters is what he is charging me and whether it's a competitive price relative to other local LBS's. Nonetheless, he did mention it and $2300 seemed kind of low to me. I just wanted to know how realistic this was. More curiosity than a reason not to buy the bike. He mentioned this to me in the context of the economy and how their costs are going up. His comment was that I should "get in now" since rumor is that costs are going up from Giant by 10-15% for 2009.

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by dllq
    True -- it makes no difference. I agree -- ultimately all that matters is what he is charging me and whether it's a competitive price relative to other local LBS's. Nonetheless, he did mention it and $2300 seemed kind of low to me. I just wanted to know how realistic this was. More curiosity than a reason not to buy the bike. He mentioned this to me in the context of the economy and how their costs are going up. His comment was that I should "get in now" since rumor is that costs are going up from Giant by 10-15% for 2009.
    That rumor is well grounded, raw materials, cost of freight and Taiwanese labour rates have all gone up a heap. At least that's what retailers seem to be saying and as everyone knows if something is said often enough it becomes fact... just look at the price of petrol.

Slower But Faster
    Based on NZ pricing (NZD1.00 = USD0.75) it doesn't seem like that much of a steal.

Example: In NZ, Trance X0 retail price before tax is NZD 4,400 (~USD 3,300). Most every bike in NZ is sold at at least a 10% discount of retail, often 15%. NZ/Australian spec bikes are arguably a bit better for the price than the North American market too. Retailers gross profit in NZ is something in the order of 35-40%, I imagine it is similar in the US.

See the link below for an idea of NZ retail pricing (all includes 12.5% sales tax):
    http://www.burkescycles.co.nz/images...s_am.htm#Giant

manilmacly

You Can Love The Post

The colors in the maybeliline one though just don't work workable ,maccosmetics-vip weebly com/#73284]wholesale mac cosmetics