mtbr member

trance x2 or spec pitch?help

hi im stuck between to bikes im unsure weather to buy a giant trance x2 or a specialized pich pro,anybody got the new trance if so what do you think to it and why is it better than the pitch?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Well, there are a lot of threads about the Trance X's, including the X2, if you wanted to read them. I've never ridden a Pitch, but I personally don't care much for Specialized. I own a Trance X2 and I love it. I'm assuming you're looking for a tough cross-country bike that will climb as much as it will descend, which is what the Trance was made for. I honestly don't know much about the Pitch, so I can't really compare. However, I would be willing to bet that the Trance has a better suspension system that won't require a special shock or a platform to make it pedal exceptionally well, like some of Specialized's bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    both great bikes, ride them both and decide which you like more

MTB B'dos
    I am no specilaED fan, not even close, but I will say one thing I have noticed that they're doing right is specing thru axle/9mm RWS setups straight out stock and this is a definite plsu for positive steering. Both good bikes very similar spec, but I think a more inline comparison would be to the Reign having the same travel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    hmm posting this question in a Giant forum? Seriously do you expect anyone to tell you the pitch is better?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]The pitch is a great bike, much better than all the competition……..(snorts of laughter, people cracking up and falling of their bikes/chairs)

Seriously, try them both and then choose the Trance X cos it’s so much better.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker24
    However, I would be willing to bet that the Trance has a better suspension system that won't require a special shock or a platform to make it pedal exceptionally well, like some of Specialized's bikes.
    The Pitch has a standard RP2 and from reports pedals very well even without pro pedal.

Currently agonising over the same choice of bikes and can't pick one. The Pitch is more of an all mountain bike with more travel, 20mm thru axle and a slacker head angle but this comes at a price of weight, about 3-4lbs more than the X2. While the X2 is a nice light, fast trail bike thats heading towards the bottom end of the all mountain definition. Hoping to get a rid of both of them next week so I can finally make up my mind.