Thread: Trance X1 v X2

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Trance X1 v X2

I've had my eye on the Trance X's as they seem to get a really great review, seem to be specked out pretty well and just look sick. I wanted an X1 but they're nowhere to be found. Only ones I can find are demos on ebay going for around $1800 shipped. I found an X2 at a shop about 70 miles away which I should be out the door for around $1500. Biggest differnces I can see is the X1 having lockout and the better brakes. Drivetrain I would eventually upgrade to SRAM and the X2 will have its warrany.

Everything I read says the suspension setup on these bikes makes the lockouts unnessary. Any reason why I shouldnt go with the X2 over the X1?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]No there is no need for a lockout on the fork and if you ever use the Pro Pedal on the back it seems to have a negative effect on the ride.

The brakes and hubs would be the main things for me as the DT 370 hubs are much better than whatís is on the US X2, the brake levers are really uncomfortable, there is less power and poor modulation on the Stroker Rydeís as oppose to the Trailís.

But you can upgrade any parts you donít like and the X2 is a really great bike so go get it.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ended up picking up the X2 for $1440 out the door. It should be a good upgrade from my current bike (Iron Horse Warrior Pro). I figure I can upgrade down the road for what I ended up saving versus waiting for next years models. Now to get some ride time in

norwoodrider4
    Aug 2007
    choose your favorite color, i wish the X1 came it the black, but unfortunatley i ended up with a less awesome color, but an awesome color nonethelessif you go X!, please give the xt shadow a chance, it works great.
    Go fast, or go down