Vegan Athlete

Trance X1 - Seatpost QR bruises me. You?

I took my Trance X1 up to the Sierra high country for the first time this past weekend. I have about 9 rides on the bike, ranging from 20 to 50 miles each ride. The first four rides on it were in Moab. The bike does exactly what I was hoping it would do, it is EXACTLY what I was looking for and I am very pleased.

Has anybody else had the seatpost qr bruise the inside of the leg? The 6 hour ride I did this past Saturday was incredibly technical, think riding down a rocky and steep streambed. Lots of body english and moving the bike around. Repeatedly the curved lip on the qr bumped into my inner leg, just below the knee. After a few hours of this I now have a bruise that is about 2 1/2" in diameter.

Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

MTB B'dos
    Get a standard hex/alan key adjustable seat collar, should move it out of the way. I've never been a fan or QR for this very reason and hooking on shorts (although I have one by accident it was ordered instead of the normal hex/alan key version so I'm using it for now) , but if you really need a QR to adjust set height on a regular basis, then consider a adjustable seatpost like a Gravity Dropper or CB Joplin.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Swapped it out before delivery

Ouch That looks painful.
    Swapped it out before I left the shop with the new bike.
    The best part is the hex key version is cheaper...
    And my LBS gave me credit for the difference!!
    You gotta love a downgrade.
    Tilos

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2008
    Seat QR's suk.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Bolt on Seatpost Clamp

I have an X2 and yes, I have the EXACT same bruise just below my knee. Definitely comes from technical sections when I want to get up out of the saddle - the QR bangs against my leg....

I think I'm going to get a Salsa "lip lock" (bolt-on) seatpost clamp.

If my Trance X2's seatpost has a 30.9mm diameter, what size seatpost clamp do I need to get? My choices seem to be 32mm and 30.6mm for Salsas.... Is 32mm too big?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by oak23
    I have an X2 and yes, I have the EXACT same bruise just below my knee. Definitely comes from technical sections when I want to get up out of the saddle - the QR bangs against my leg....

I think I'm going to get a Salsa "lip lock" (bolt-on) seatpost clamp.

If my Trance X2's seatpost has a 30.9mm diameter, what size seatpost clamp do I need to get? My choices seem to be 32mm and 30.6mm for Salsas.... Is 32mm too big?
    you need a 35 mm seatclamp ( I guess that 34,9 works fine too).

mtbr member
    try flipping the qr to the left side. Do you ride right foot forward?