mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Trance X0 - centerlock?

Anybody know if the Crossmax STs on the X0 are centerlock or not? I'll see for myself in a few days, but I'm hoping they are centerlocks. Considering the 15mm axle was developed with Shimano I figure the chances of that are pretty good.

mtbr member
    No but Formula and DT Swiss do adaptors along with many others and big brake manufacturers like Avid are starting to join Shimano and make Centerlock rotors for 2010.

mtbr member
    It's not likely at all.

Are you talking about the US version? It has Avid brakes, and you can tell the rotors are avid in the picture on the website. Avid doesn't make a centerlock rotor, so I'd say "no, they're not centerlock." Unless they come stock with an adapter, which I've never heard of/seen.

centerlock is sweet. I don't know why more companies don't use it. Probably shimano won't let them?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    avid is coming out with a centrelock-like rotor soon-ish.

Support your local advocacy group: FVMBA!

little mad riding hood
    Jun 2004
    just chiming in - I know for a fact these are not centerlock, as my BF just got his X0. The '09 Anthem X sells stock / OEM with Avid Juicy Ultimates and the Crossmax are 6-bolt, not CL.

Whether you can run one of the other setups mentioned above, I don't know. And yes, I just saw on cyclingnews / Sea Otter tech coverage that Avid is going to a centerlock option for '10