mtbr member
    May 2007

Trance X for xc racing

just getting opinions. It seems like the weight and geometry are good. Im sure you can get one down to around 25/26 lbs. any thoughts??

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Flip your stem and race it, that s what I am doing with mine. I also added a light wheel set and she sits at 24.5 pounds.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I lowered my handle bars using the spacers (not big on the reverse stem look) and race mine stock. First time racer so I do Novice, but a 4th and 2nd so far. New wheelset is a great idea though. Maybe next year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have had alot of bikes and man I tell ya the trance x bikes are hard to beat for a do everything bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    That is the only problem with the trance x is the way the bars are so high.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhickman
    That is the only problem with the trance x is the way the bars are so high.
    [SIZE=2]I really donít get some of you guys, yes the bars are high stock, move the stem down, take out the conical spacer, if it is still too high flip the stem, itís a very easy thing to fix or wait for 09 a pray Giant listen to its Trance X owners as much as the Reign owners because I know theyíre changing a few minor complaints from the 08.

[SIZE=2]And yes itís a fine bike to race, Iíve seen a few racers riding them recently...
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

norwoodrider4
    Aug 2007
    I race on in the sport class, and it climbs as well or better than most hardtails, i have the x1 and dont usually turn the propedal switch on to go up hills, as for the hight of the bars, i put the 2 small spacers on the top, and it still feels high, maybe time to get the hacksaw out and make it lower. I love this bike on the descents, it handles more than i am able to, and i built up a race wheelset, but have yet to test them out, but a great xc bike all around
    Go fast, or go down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norwoodrider4
    as for the hight of the bars, i put the 2 small spacers on the top, and it still feels high, maybe time to get the hacksaw out and make it lower.
    [SIZE=2]Read what I said above, there are other ways to get it lower than just 2 spacers. And just what the hell were you going to chop with a hacksaw.
    [/SIZE]

Sir Crashalot
    Quote Originally Posted by papajoeyt
    just getting opinions. It seems like the weight and geometry are good. Im sure you can get one down to around 25/26 lbs. any thoughts??
    Is the Trance heavier than an aluminum NRS? My NRS3 is 26.37lbs, and that's with several heavy components weighing her down.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I think the x is lighter, I had the NRS and dont recall the frame weight, but I know it is a lot lighter than my 2006 trance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhickman
    I think the x is lighter, I had the NRS and dont recall the frame weight, but I know it is a lot lighter than my 2006 trance.
    i have an nrs and an x2. The frame weight difference is probably small and I would guess the x2 is heavier.

My x2 has full xt components along with the nrs. The x2 weighs about four pounds more

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ya my x1 is at 24.5 pounds with all the upgrades I have done, I think my NRS 1 was close if not the same. My trance is a pig at 28 pounds.