mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Trance X shock - cable routing and pressure

Hi,

Recently built up my 2011 Trance X frame, with RP23 shock. Anyone know a good way to avoid the cable rubbing on the shock, many seem to be set up with this (presumably due to the frame design), but not sure if there is an easy way round this?

Also, I am 75 kg, (about 165 lbs for those in the USA). Any ideas - I think I have about 170 PSI in the shock at the moment.

Liked the one ride I have had on it so far. Looking forward to our trails drying out in the UK...

Your Best Friend
    Put a frame saver sticker on the shock if it bothers you that much.

Your air pressure is probably pretty close. Do you still have the o-ring on the shock shaft? If you sit on the bike (gently, don't bounce), it should have about 30% sag.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks silentfoe. Not that worried about the shock, just wandered if I had not done a good job of assembly.

Have got O ring, so will check say again. No instructions were in the box with the frame, so appreciate the advice.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    I zip tied the rear brake housing up against & with the front derailleur cable & higher up along the left seat stay. Works great.
    But the rear derailleur cable still rubs against the right side of the shock.
    I did the frame sticker thing there. Kinda crappy design, I liked the older years design routing along the top tube better.

Your Best Friend
    Are you guys zip tying the rd housing to the upper rocker link? There is a small loop/hole there to help in tying up the cable. If you are missing this, it may help to keep it away from your shock.

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    I wanted a slightly straighter housing line than that angle on my rear derailleur. And my brake thing looks a lot cleaner than their design. (And I have a long brake line I'm apparently too lazy to cut & bleed, ha)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thank you - does anyone have any photos?