mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Trance X with RWC Needle bearing upgrade HELP!!

So, here's the deal. I have a 2011 Trance X , on which I have installed the RWC needle bearing upgrade. Now there is some play in there like the bolt diameter is undersized. Has anybody successfully been able to remedy this, and how did you do it?? If you replaced the bolt, What size did you use, and where did you get it?? Thanks in advance for your help.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am running my Reign with the needle bearing kit and from day one it has felt great. The TranceX and Reign should use the same kit. Mine was simple to install and required no shims (some frames apparently do).

Have you tried giving the folks as RWC an email or call. Having purchased a few things from them over the years I can attest to their great products and trying to make things right.

Inspector Gadget
    Does the bolt have visible wear marks? Also did you test fit all three spacers to find the one that fit best?
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I solved the problem with TFT Tuned HD bushing. No more play with needle bearings.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks for the comments, I have tried both of the sleeves that came with the kit, and there was no difference in diameter. One of them was just slightly shorter. The whole system works smoothly, but I am just concerned that with the play in there I might snap the bolt mid-ride sometime. Also there were no signs of wear on the bolt, it just seems slightly undersized in diameter.

mtbr member
    Mine has that too. I wrote to them and they send a new bearing and bushings set. I had a shop install it. It still has play. It's smoother than the stock bushing but they need to figure out why it works on some bikes and not on others. It obviously is not a one-size-fits-all for the Trance X.