Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2216
  1. #1926
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    What is the cheapest option to have a slacker HA for my 2011 trance x?
    If you have a F125 fork have it extended to 140mm, for 50$
    Offset shock bushing: get the 3mm offset for the upper shock bolt. 25$ (this lowers the BB also)

  2. #1927
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by trek551 View Post
    If you have a F125 fork have it extended to 140mm, for 50$
    Offset shock bushing: get the 3mm offset for the upper shock bolt. 25$ (this lowers the BB also)
    Who extends it? u gotta send it off or what?

  3. #1928
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    269
    Unashamed cross-posting of mine from another Trance thread........made the mistake of allowing my gf to try my 2012 Trance X0 (hers is a 2008 X2). After one ride she claimed it as hers. Flip side is I got to buy another Trance!

    2012 Advanced X SL 0












  4. #1929
    Inspector Gadget
    Reputation: abeckstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    Unashamed cross-posting of mine from another Trance thread........made the mistake of allowing my gf to try my 2012 Trance X0 (hers is a 2008 X2). After one ride she claimed it as hers. Flip side is I got to buy another Trance!

    2012 Advanced X SL 0











    Hope the gf compensated you for her new bike I test rode an advanced... Much want!!! Beautiful bike!
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

  5. #1930
    Inspector Gadget
    Reputation: abeckstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    612
    Still lovin my '11 Trance x2.
    I've added:
    -SLX 666 brakes with ice tech rotors 180/160mm.
    -60mm stem to go with the 745mm bars and ergon gc2 grips.
    -decided to go 2x10 with a blackspire bash and biocon chain guide.
    -Giant dropper post.. Coolest gadget on the bike!
    -2.3 wtb dissent in front and 2.3 prowler mx in back, needed more aggressive tires for my trails.

    Tomorrow I gotta buy a new chain.. Broke mine tonight, twice! Lol

    Think a Talas and the longer rp23 are next. I want more... Not sure I want a reign though...?
    Trance X Pics Thread...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346910995.634529.jpg
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

  6. #1931
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    269
    How good are the (i) Bionicon c-guide and (ii) the seat droppers!

    The chain break is a worry, I mean twice, quickly. Any ideas why?

  7. #1932
    Inspector Gadget
    Reputation: abeckstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    How good are the (i) Bionicon c-guide and (ii) the seat droppers!

    The chain break is a worry, I mean twice, quickly. Any ideas why?
    No problems with the biocon... Definitely calmed down the chain slap. Only 6 or 8 rides with the drop post... It works good and I like the infinite adjustment.

    The chain is likely my fault. I removed links with the bash guard install and probably messed it up. Tonight I rode an almost 5mi long very technical climb. To give my butt a rest I would up shift a bunch, then stand and mash. Not the first time I've ridden like that on this trail... Guess the chain had enough.
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

  8. #1933
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Who extends it? u gotta send it off or what?
    My local shock tuner did it.

  9. #1934
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    558
    My X2 on a hot day at Devil's Den...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-556654_488158431196894_1594552332_n.jpg  


  10. #1935
    mtbr member
    Reputation: joncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14
    My trance x2...


    Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-uploadfromtaptalk1347008635230.jpg  


  11. #1936
    noob
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by trek551 View Post
    If you have a F125 fork have it extended to 140mm, for 50$
    I have the 125RL fork on my stock 2012 TranceX1. Emailed fox and they claimed this fork can not be extended. Was still curious so searched around on the fourms and some others have taken the fork apart and found no spacers or easy way to extend the travel. I really wanted to do this but unless I am missing something I dont think its an option.

  12. #1937
    wheelie king
    Reputation: 661lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    404
    Fox forks cannot be extended past what they were orignally built as. Spacers can be added to limit travel, but not extend.

  13. #1938
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Epikon View Post
    I have the 125RL fork on my stock 2012 TranceX1. Emailed fox and they claimed this fork can not be extended. Was still curious so searched around on the fourms and some others have taken the fork apart and found no spacers or easy way to extend the travel. I really wanted to do this but unless I am missing something I dont think its an option.
    I bought the bike used so have no warranties to care for. The tuner pulled everything apart, took precise mesurements and drilled a hole through the rod. I now have 145mm showing and and 7mm showing fully compressed with no air in. So I'll call it a 138.

    I'm not saying it handles like a F140. I'm not saying you should do it. I'm saying this fork can be extended to slacken the head angle. Many guys in my area had it done by the same tuner. It's the main reason I bought this bike instead of other 120-130bikes. In stock form the Tx was steeper than my Blur XCc with a F120. Imagine that! I may shorten it by 10mm when I use a 650b front wheel.

  14. #1939
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by 661lee View Post
    Fox forks cannot be extended past what they were orignally built as. Spacers can be added to limit travel, but not extend.
    So Fox builds 125mm fork specifically for the TX? Or they build a valving for a 125 and put it in a 140? What about the Blur TRc F130?

  15. #1940
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    43

    up and over

    just out riding with a friend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-log-over.jpg  


  16. #1941
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Anyone with an x4 '12 able to tell me sweep/rise on the stock connect low rise bars? Looking to buy carbon but want the same specs since its comfy.
    Not gonna see mine till tomorrow and wanna order today.
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

  17. #1942
    mtbr member
    Reputation: joncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14
    My trance...
    Sent from my GT-P6200 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  18. #1943
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantTrance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Hi all heres my Giant Trance X4 2012






  19. #1944
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tonyride1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    259
    Nice ride. Where did you get the CF shield for the bottom of the down tube? I would like to get one for my Trance X 29er.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

  20. #1945
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantTrance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    of all places ebay, RockGuardz i think his called. Not bad for a bit of cosmetic treatment

  21. #1946
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tonyride1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTrance View Post
    of all places ebay, RockGuardz i think his called. Not bad for a bit of cosmetic treatment
    Thanks but I just realized I can't use it. The Trance X 29er had internally routed cables and the shield will block the 2 exit holes near the bottom bracket.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

  22. #1947
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantTrance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    ahh gutted dude lol no worries then.

  23. #1948
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    Nice ride. Where did you get the CF shield for the bottom of the down tube? I would like to get one for my Trance X 29er.
    same question here, i like that piece. looks like you're running two sets of pedals, how do you like the dmr vaults?

  24. #1949
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantTrance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by hollar1211 View Post
    same question here, i like that piece. looks like you're running two sets of pedals, how do you like the dmr vaults?
    Hollar one word, excellent. i tend normally without me noticing at the end of climb I'm pedalling with my heel but not with these, the feet stay firmly where they should. It was a good buy for £80

  25. #1950
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    73
    Broke my stock Fizik seat on my 2010 Trance X1.....so many damn choices! Recommendations? I loved the WTB Devo on my X3 but never realized how pricey they are....

    Nevernind...ordered a WTB Devo....
    Last edited by TranceX; 10-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Page 78 of 89 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •