Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2217
    mtbr member
    nice trance u guys have here... i can't post picture yet.. later will update my trance x2 pic.. but here my setups..

Giant trance X2 2012 frameset with rp2 shocks
    Shimano Deore LX groupset
    Funn Fatboy wide bars
    Relic Armor stem
    Rockshox Revelation 110-140 U-turn
    shimano deore brakes + XT rotors
    Sram foam lock-on grips
    Spank Oozy+ SLX hubs wheelset
    Mavic 317+ shimano hubs (spare wheelset)
    Shimano Deore 2012 SPD pedals
    Last edited by joncy; 07-30-2012 at 08:24 PM.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012
    Last edited by utley06; 08-03-2012 at 11:47 PM.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Daddy didn't hug you

Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    haha! i'm sure "every Specialized Mechanic" loves having you as their spokesman. when did you find the time to ask every one of them if i or any of the other trance x owners running 150mm forks were morons? you guys must be tight.

my bike sits at 67* HA, climbing isn't even remotely a problem. all over the place descending with a 67* HA? please tell me you're trolling here...

yes there are reasons there are different bikes, but that doesn't mean a bike manufacturer always knows what works best for every rider in every situation. where is the rule written that a 5" bike must adhere to a certain geometry in order to be ridden effectively? you seem to be so hung up on the 150mm fork that you're not even paying attention to the most important part of how a bike rides - the geometry. i'm sure "every Specialized Mechanic" told you this, right?

anyone with a moderate level of skill can ride a 5" travel, 67* - 68* HA bike and can understand why those numbers can be a GOOD thing.

you're precious Specialized have a 6", 67* HA bike that is super popular - why does an extra 1" of rear travel make everything ok? just because the front and rear travel match?

santa cruz has a 4.95" travel, 68* HA bike - explain to me how .05" less travel but the same HA as the trance x with a 150mm fork makes that bike perfectly fine. shouldn't everyone on the blur be unable to ride it?

trek has a 4.75" travel, 68* HA bike that sells very well also - how is that thing even called a bicycle?

lapierre zesty - 5.5" travel, 67* HA - who are they kidding?

turner 5.spot - 5.5" travel, 67.7* HA - pfft, turner knows nothing about bike geometry.

ibis mojo HD 140 - 5.5" travel, 68* HA - ibis makes plastic bikes, they can't know anything about anything. they even build the frame angleset compatible so you can go up to 2* slacker - ibis is the moron now.

intense tracer - 5.75" travel, 67* HA - steber is an amateur.
    banshee spitfire - 5" travel, 160mm fork. ridiculous.

i think that's it. wait, one more you say?

gt distortion - 4.5" travel, 140mm fork spec'd - hold on, that's almost an anthem x with a 140mm fork. THAT WON'T WORK. oh yea - 66.5* HA making it impossible to ride up or down. this bike won the sea otter dual slalom this year...poor kyle strait having to deal with that mess of a bike.

i wonder if there are any video's of regular dudes riding this bike down a semi technical trail. oh look...
    https://vimeo.com/34115410

he's lucky to have survived, i mean he's not even wearing gloves and doesn't have a front derailleur!

now i know it's only down national trail, and full disclosure - this trail is 'in my backyard' so to speak. and i know it's only the trail many of the top builders and teams come to test their bikes on, but it will have to do.

what did you do for Specialized anyway?

Man you are one angry person and your the typical arm chair rider who learned a little about HA geometry and officially thinks he knows more about bike geometry than engineers. Shut the hell up!!! When I worked at specialized dist center i got carbon frames for 100.00 and I worked very close with the mechanics when building up my frames. I put a 127 mm fork on a epic one day and they explained to me that when you adjust the HA of a bike your adjusting the positioning of the bottom bracket which affects Cornering, pedaling effeciency, and the handling of the bike. Each bike (anthem, trance, reign) is designed to work a specific way and when you change that your limiting the bikes potential for what's its designed to do. 120 - 140 is where these trances are designed to be and jts how they come from giant.. Specialized come out with the evo line and added longer travel, but guess what tough guy? They changed the geometry as well. They did niot just slap a longer fork on it. I'm not an engineer and I'm not spouting off my own egotistical opinion as u r doing, filling people's head with jibberish.. Call giant and they will tell you the same thing, 150 is too much for a trance and youll probably void your warranty.. I'll take their word over some punk kid with a pic of a women's chest spouting off nonsense on forums.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utley06 View Post
    Man you are one angry person and your the typical arm chair rider who learned a little about HA geometry and officially thinks he knows more about bike geometry than engineers. Shut the hell up!!! When I worked at specialized dist center i got carbon frames for 100.00 and I worked very close with the mechanics when building up my frames. I put a 127 mm fork on a epic one day and they explained to me that when you adjust the HA of a bike your adjusting the positioning of the bottom bracket which affects Cornering, pedaling effeciency, and the handling of the bike. Each bike (anthem, trance, reign) is designed to work a specific way and when you change that your limiting the bikes potential for what's its designed to do. 120 - 140 is where these trances are designed to be and jts how they come from giant.. Specialized come out with the evo line and added longer travel, but guess what tough guy? They changed the geometry as well. They did niot just slap a longer fork on it. I'm not an engineer and I'm not spouting off my own egotistical opinion as u r doing, filling people's head with jibberish.. Call giant and they will tell you the same thing, 150 is too much for a trance and youll probably void your warranty.. I'll take their word over some punk kid with a pic of a women's chest spouting off nonsense on forums.
    I absolutely agree with everything 'size said!

When I just bought my Trance X I put a 130mm fork on it. After a couple of month I upgraded the fork to a 150mm Revelation. Im running this fork for about a year and Ill never gonna go back to 130 or 140mm fork. With 150mm up front Trance X feels so dialed and awesome.

Slacker head angle? > Much better handling either way up or down the hill. Higher bb? > I finally dont catch the ground with pedals while accelerating from berms. Pedaling efficiency? > I ride all year round and I can assure you the best place to see how efficiently any bike pedals is on a steep hill covered in 10-15mm deep snow in winter. And guess what? With a 150mm fork Trance X pedals exactly the same as with 130mm fork.

In my eyes any mechanic or engineer either from Specialized or Giant is a complete moron if hes telling fairytales about each bike being designed to work a specific way and that when you change that your limiting the bikes potential for what's its designed to do blah, blah, blah. Thats truly filling people's head with gibberish.

aw fiddlestix
    OK utley is obv trolling at this point, there's no way that anyone is that retarded. (Wait, this is mtbr, he probably is )
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Beware of the idiots

Quote Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
    OK utley is obv trolling at this point, there's no way that anyone is that retarded. (Wait, this is mtbr, he probably is )
    So here are two great articles about Adam Craig and Giant using a Giant Trance on the infamous Downieville trail which most people use an all mountain bike on (Reign if you're utilizing the Giant line) to prove the Trance's versatility. a 140 fork was used on both bikes.. They even put a spring shock on the rear because the lack of travel the Trance had for this particular course, but yet they still used a 140 fork.. Hmmmmm, interesting, I wonder why they did not put a 150 on there for added travel? That would make more since right? Only if you're a moron!!!

You want 150?? Go get a Reign people, do not listen to these idiots modifying bikes incorrectly, and telling you to ignore professional opinions. Don't listen to me either, call Giant and see what they say. These idiots are prime examples of when they brake a frame because of incorrect modification they ***** all over the internet how the bike company wouldn't honor their warranty.

I'm done with this meaningless B.S.... I'm going out and riding!

Pro Bike: Adam Craig?s Giant Trance X Advanced SL - BikeRadar

2011 Giant Trance X ? First Ride Review - BikeRadar

mtbr member

i calmly destroyed your nonsense with facts, but yes i'm the angry one. "Shut the hell up!!!"

it took an engineer to explain to you that when you alter the HA it effects other measurements? you're a quick one, aren't you?

normally i'd continue to explain to you why and how your logic is extremely flawed but it's obvious you're either a troll or too dense to understand anything other that what you perceive to be reality. instead i'll just stop here and hope this thread gets away from your disruption and back on track.

mtbr member
    Don't listen to me either,...
    trust me - nobody is.

I'm done with this meaningless B.S....
    promise?

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Wow

Youre insanely delusional...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Speaking of geometry... has anyone tried putting a 29" wheel and fork on a Trance X? Would there be any negatives to this? Say I use a 100mm fork.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Uno View Post
    Speaking of geometry... has anyone tried putting a 29" wheel and fork on a Trance X? Would there be any negatives to this? Say I use a 100mm fork.
    They are coming out with a 29er Trance you know; with a redesigned geometry.

Again, something I do not think the current Trance is designed for, but no one seems to give a ****, so.... This guy did it and his is for sale near where I live. You may give him a call for general questions.

Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

For Sale Giant Trance Advanced SL 0 and Giant Trance X1 For Sale

Sold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-gaint-trance-x1.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-giant_trance_x_advanced_sl_2012_frame__09849_zoom.jpg  

Last edited by utley06; 08-04-2012 at 01:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    They are coming out with a 29er Trance you know; with a redesigned geometry.

Again, something I do not think the current Trance is designed for, but no one seems to give a ****, so.... This guy did it and his is for sale near where I live. You may give him a call for general questions.

Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com
    Yeah well I have a Trance x2 in my garage that needs some new parts. Not my main bike. I figure why not? I have a 29" wheels also. Just needs a fork.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What is the cheapest option to have a slacker HA for my 2011 trance x?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    What is the cheapest option to have a slacker HA for my 2011 trance x?
    01. bigger front tire.
    02. works components headset if you have a size M or smaller frame.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    01. bigger front tire.
    02. works components headset if you have a size M or smaller frame.
    Whats works components headset?
    My frame is a xs
    Which angle headset is cheapest and suit my trance?

is RAD
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    Whats works components headset?
    My frame is a xs
    Which angle headset is cheapest and suit my trance?
    Measure your head tube length, then visit the Works Components website. If your still unsure, send them an email.

I've had a WC headset on my Trance X for 6 months now and it has been fit and forget.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks Van Cuz. They are not cheap. Any cheaper similar product?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    2012 Trance X0.

Updates

- Ergon grips
    - Maxxis Crossmark tubeless
    - XTR pedals
    - Specialized Milano gel saddle

Last edited by lucifuge; 08-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Beautiful bike, lucifuge!
    2010 Giant Trance X3
    2013 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    All nice trance x in here... :-)

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Just added a Fox Flaot 140 RLC fork, up from 120 and loving it. I'm even running a 50mm stem, anyone running a 50mm stem and wide bars? how do you find the handling?

My Trance X Advanced with 140 fork has a HA 66....mega on the downs..;-))

mtbr member
    I am running 40mm stem with wide bars.. 750mm actually... Fork 140mm rockshox rvl.. So far handling just fine with me.. Been loving this setup... :-)

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    my trance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-img-20120820-01443.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    After wash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-img-20120820-01446.jpg  

Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 27 67 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 87 ... LastLast