Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups

FAT BIKES

WINTER APPAREL

TRAINERS

Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2249
  1. #1851
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Any of you guys run a fox float r shock? I found one used from 09 tx I was thinking of picking up to replace my giant air.
    Yep. Though mine was pushed.

    How much they asking?



    [It still sucks that PUSH stopped selling PUSHd monarchs. For what they were selling it was a good price too.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  2. #1852
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,127
    $100. i was going to get it pushed after i raked in some overtime. Either that or i was going for a rockshox monarch rt3 which would be brand new. I could buy the fox now for $100 and push it in a couple weeks for $160 or keep riding my giant air for 3 weeks till i buy the monarch around $280. any advice?

    the monarch will not be pushed and i keep reading bad things about the float r. Im assuming thats before a push though...

  3. #1853
    wheelie king
    Reputation: 661lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    Any of you guys run a fox float r shock? I found one used from 09 tx I was thinking of picking up to replace my giant air.
    That would be a good move for sure. If you get it Pushed, it can be tuned to your weight and riding style which would be better than a stock Monarch IMO.

  4. #1854
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by extremedave View Post
    I like that a lot, what's the fork travel?

    Thank you. Fork is a Marzocchi 55 lowered to 140mm. Because of the higher a-c of the 35mm fork it works out about the same as a sektor or revelation at 150. It's a great fork, I'd buy another if I had to do it again

  5. #1855
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by 661lee View Post
    That would be a good move for sure. If you get it Pushed, it can be tuned to your weight and riding style which would be better than a stock Monarch IMO.
    What do u mean by getting it pushed?

  6. #1856
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wooyek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    What do u mean by getting it pushed?
    Push Industries - Home
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

  7. #1857
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541

    Erwin Park-Mckinney, Tx

    My X2 on our maiden rip in the midst of a road trip.... Fun little trail in Mckinney, Tx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-photo-47-.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-photo-49-.jpg  

    Last edited by chadalex78; 06-10-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added photo

  8. #1858
    mtbr member
    Reputation: extremedave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by elTwitcho View Post
    Thank you. Fork is a Marzocchi 55 lowered to 140mm. Because of the higher a-c of the 35mm fork it works out about the same as a sektor or revelation at 150. It's a great fork, I'd buy another if I had to do it again
    Ah...thanks for the explanation. The stance of the bike and the apparent travel were throwing me off a bit. Cheers!
    Not without incident.

  9. #1859
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    $100. i was going to get it pushed after i raked in some overtime. Either that or i was going for a rockshox monarch rt3 which would be brand new. I could buy the fox now for $100 and push it in a couple weeks for $160 or keep riding my giant air for 3 weeks till i buy the monarch around $280. any advice?

    the monarch will not be pushed and i keep reading bad things about the float r. Im assuming thats before a push though...
    Monarch has gotten some really good reviews, and hypothetically in the far future you could get it pushed and have the best...

    Then again I have a pushed float r and frankly I don't think there's that much performance to gain.

    If the float r is the right tune then I say go for it. (Its off a TX, right?)
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  10. #1860
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimeCRX View Post
    That probably means that you need to move the front derailleur down the seat tube a little. Also, you may want to add a couple more zip ties to the C-Guide. Otherwise it's a little easy to damage the mount during a bad chain-suck episode, as I learned the hard way.
    Unfortunately you can't move these style shimano front derailleurs down much. I went to a 2 x 10 setup and tried to lower mine and it would touch the lower suspension bracket when the suspension was close to fully compressed.
    Last edited by sonypete; 06-14-2012 at 06:57 AM.

  11. #1861
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,457
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  12. #1862
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    122
    Beautiful bike, laxman2001! Is that a default colour or was it custom-sprayed? Love the "no 29er" sticker on the fork as well. How long is the travel?
    2010 Giant Trance X3
    2013 Giant Reign 1

  13. #1863
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    535
    its default. 2008 Trance X2

  14. #1864
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgang View Post
    its default. 2008 Trance X2
    What he said. Fork is set at 140mm
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  15. #1865
    mtbr member
    Reputation: extremedave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
    Like the pic too. For what looks like a parking lot shot its pretty cool. Bike looks nasty, love it.
    Not without incident.

  16. #1866
    Inspector Gadget
    Reputation: abeckstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    647
    I'm a new owner of an '11 x2. Got it for a great price and in really nice shape. Took it for my first ride today. This bike is so fawkin rad I just want to stop everyone I see and let them know! Lol

    It's an XL cause I'm a Sasquatch, with some 745 bars, giant flat pedals, prowler xt's and the seat from my 29er. Which is now for sale!

    Trance X Pics Thread...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340493312.626997.jpg
    Trance X Pics Thread...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340493330.954373.jpg
    Trance X Pics Thread...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340493351.573896.jpg
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

  17. #1867
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by abeckstead View Post
    I'm a new owner of an '11 x2. Got it for a great price and in really nice shape. Took it for my first ride today. This bike is so fawkin rad I just want to stop everyone I see and let them know! Lol

    It's an XL cause I'm a Sasquatch, with some 745 bars, giant flat pedals, prowler xt's and the seat from my 29er. Which is now for sale!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340493312.626997.jpg 
Views:	1398 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	705907
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340493330.954373.jpg 
Views:	1315 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	705908
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340493351.573896.jpg 
Views:	1335 
Size:	400.0 KB 
ID:	705909
    I have the same rig... With a few changes. Wheels, bars, etc... Badass whip though. I love it.

  18. #1868
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Reputation: scrublover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,635
    Mas.







    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

  19. #1869
    Scott is a tool.
    Reputation: waldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
    Great pic mate. Our bikes are amazingly similar.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340536042.980819.jpg  


  20. #1870
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BustedBearing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    282
    I don't want to sound rude, seriously, but the one similarity I can see between those two bikes are a black frame and a white fork. Everything else is different...


  21. #1871
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23
    Love all these bikes. They are gorgeous.

  22. #1872
    Scott is a tool.
    Reputation: waldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by BustedBearing View Post
    I don't want to sound rude, seriously, but the one similarity I can see between those two bikes are a black frame and a white fork. Everything else is different...

    You're not being rude mate.

    My post was meant to be tongue in cheek. Yes, I do think they look very similar, but there is some obvious differences.

  23. #1873
    I miss f88
    Reputation: laxman2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by BustedBearing View Post
    I don't want to sound rude, seriously, but the one similarity I can see between those two bikes are a black frame and a white fork. Everything else is different...

    same frame, fork, ardent for a front tire, and sram drivetrains with a shimano crankset.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

  24. #1874
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chadalex78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarion2 View Post
    Here's the pic with the Mountain Kings and all the other upgrades I mentioned earlier.
    Just got a BBG bashguard for my X2.. Were u able to move your front DR down the seat tube any or did the suspension get in the way?

  25. #1875
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JAY55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    89
    Stay away from my Trance X or deal with the chief security himself : )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-photo-2.jpg  

    ________
    12' BMC Fourstroke FS02 XT
    11' Epic S-Works XX
    13' Epic S-Works XX1
    14' Epic S-Works WC XX1

Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Follow MTBR on Facebook