Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2214
  1. #1351
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61
    How exactly does that NeoGuard work?

    Quote Originally Posted by andituk View Post

    Giant Trance X2 by 555Andi, on Flickr

  2. #1352
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    32
    Mud gets thrown up and forward by the tyre, and then because of your forward motion, you ride into it. The Neoguard catches it, and keeps the worst of the mud out of your face. Not as much coverage as a full mud guard, but it gets the worst stuff, and looks much prettier!

  3. #1353
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    25
    Update...

    A few new lighter (but still strong and trail/all mountain) parts now bring it down to 24.7lbs with a dropper post and a 150mm fork.




  4. #1354
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99

    New grips/Painted a few parts..

    I plan to add some custom vinyl die-cut stickers but I'm not sure how the design should look.. maybe have a lime green pinstripe that goes on the top tube and on the side have it say Trance X. Also I went out to ride around my block and my chain broke! The front derailleur was on the smallest ring and I was trying to shift to second but it wasn't working... so I left the front derailleur on the smallest gear and shifted the rear derailleur to the smallest gear. Did my chain break because of this? Anyways here are the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-img_0585.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-img_0586.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-img_0587.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-img_0588.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-img_0589.jpg  

    Last edited by dangerzone9k; 08-04-2011 at 02:47 PM.

  5. #1355
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,721
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone9k View Post
    I plan to add some custom vinyl die-cut stickers but I'm not sure how the design should look.. maybe have a lime green pinstripe that goes on the top tube and on the side have it say Trance X. Also I went out to ride around my block and my chain broke! The front derailleur was on the smallest ring and I was trying to shift to second but it wasn't working... so I left the front derailleur on the smallest gear and shifted the rear derailleur to the smallest gear. Did my chain break because of this? Anyways here are the pics.
    Look up MTBR member David C for custom stickers. He is a graphic designer and would help you come up with something, I think for pretty cheap.

    Putting your chain in the small/small combo puts the most lateral stress on your chain and generally should be avoided. But I've never heard of a chain breaking because of that. If something was about to break anyway, that could have pushed it over the edge. If you couldn't shift on the front, that sounds like you are having some issues anyway. I noticed front shifting gets much worse when the chain needs lube. How did it break? Pin pop out? Plates twisted?

  6. #1356
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Do you think the chain is repairable?





    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    Look up MTBR member David C for custom stickers. He is a graphic designer and would help you come up with something, I think for pretty cheap.

    Putting your chain in the small/small combo puts the most lateral stress on your chain and generally should be avoided. But I've never heard of a chain breaking because of that. If something was about to break anyway, that could have pushed it over the edge. If you couldn't shift on the front, that sounds like you are having some issues anyway. I noticed front shifting gets much worse when the chain needs lube. How did it break? Pin pop out? Plates twisted?

  7. #1357
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone9k View Post
    Do you think the chain is repairable?
    if you replace the broken link, sure. the question is - if the chain did in fact break from cross chaining what lifespan does it have left anyway? measure it out and determine the amount of stretch, could be time for a new one anyway.

  8. #1358
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    My ride
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-brcounty1.jpg  

    Last edited by samurai75; 08-05-2011 at 08:17 PM.

  9. #1359
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smilinsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,721
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    if you replace the broken link, sure. the question is - if the chain did in fact break from cross chaining what lifespan does it have left anyway? measure it out and determine the amount of stretch, could be time for a new one anyway.
    Exactly.
    Also, if you make it one link shorter you have to make sure its still long enough to fit the big big combo (unless you can guarantee you will never use that combo).

    For the wear, stretch out the chain and put the zero mark of a 12 inch ruler on the center of a pin. The 12" mark should also line up on the center of a pin, on a brand new chain. If the pin center is an 1/8th inch or more away from the 12 mark, throw it away.

  10. #1360
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai75 View Post
    My ride
    very stealth - they'll never see you coming.

  11. #1361
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,171





  12. #1362
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    34
    Here is mine again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-snc00903.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-convar143.jpg  


  13. #1363
    mtbr member
    Reputation: alekosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38
    Slightly upgraded mine Trance X. New wheels and 2012 Revelation RLT 150mm.


  14. #1364
    gravity fighter
    Reputation: Mikecito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    528
    [QUOTE=alekosty;8327925]Slightly upgraded mine Trance X. New wheels and 2012 Revelation RLT 150mm.

    Is that a 650b up front? Nice set up

  15. #1365
    mtbr member
    Reputation: alekosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecito View Post
    Is that a 650b up front? Nice set up
    Nope, 26" but on a picture it looks like 650b.

  16. #1366
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28

    trance X3

    this is my trance with some modifications
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-trance1.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-trance2.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-trance3.jpg  

    Trance X Pics Thread...-trance4.jpg  


  17. #1367
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai75 View Post
    this is my trance with some modifications
    looks like you modified some 2 x 4's as well. nice.

  18. #1368
    TRANCER
    Reputation: Biohazard74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,185
    2009 Trance X3 with a couple of upgrades and a shower
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-2011-08-17-17.59.34a.jpg  

    Ride

  19. #1369
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by alekosty View Post
    Slightly upgraded mine Trance X. New wheels and 2012 Revelation RLT 150mm.

    What pedals are those? i'm after some thin flats to combat the amazingly LOOOOOOOOW BB of this bike

  20. #1370
    mtbr member
    Reputation: alekosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword View Post
    What pedals are those? i'm after some thin flats to combat the amazingly LOOOOOOOOW BB of this bike
    Nukeproof Protons


  21. #1371
    wheelie king
    Reputation: 661lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    391
    .


    What year/model is this carbon TX? Love the white stickers and links.

    Edit: figured it out, 2010 frameset
    Last edited by 661lee; 08-23-2011 at 08:04 AM.

  22. #1372
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20
    Hello, i'm new member of Trance X i will post photo soon!

  23. #1373
    mtbr member
    Reputation: krazychowmein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    254
    Finally made it out to Northstar, first time at the park and honestly the Trance did great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-top-northstar.jpg  


  24. #1374
    fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Reputation: ilostmypassword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by alekosty View Post
    Nukeproof Protons


  25. #1375
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    One word: beautiful.

    The XT rims and the white Fox fork look extremely good with the black X2 frame.

Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •