Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Fyodorov how do you like the Nobby Nics? Are you running them tubeless?

I'm running 2.35 Nevegals and while grip is fantastic they are pretty slow (doesn't help that they're the StickE version). I had trouble getting my Nevegals to mount up tubeless on my 5.1D's with DT's kit and reading the instructions on their website I noticed they only "support" UST tires...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Got a few better pics. I'd ridden the bike on a few short rides but I really got a chance to take her out on the true maiden voyage this weekend. Rode Nisene to Demo and back.The dirt was perfect as was the bike. for having 'only' 120mm of travel the Trance X really feels active and deep. So far I'm loving this bike.

ride deets: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19495174

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by punkassean
    Got a few better pics. I'd ridden the bike on a few short rides but I really got a chance to take her out on the true maiden voyage this weekend. Rode Nisene to Demo and back.The dirt was perfect as was the bike. for having 'only' 120mm of travel the Trance X really feels active and deep. So far I'm loving this bike.
    hey punkassean,
    not sure if you saw in the other thread - but do you happen to have an accurate HA measurement with the 150mm fork?

thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    hey punkassean,
    not sure if you saw in the other thread - but do you happen to have an accurate HA measurement with the 150mm fork?

thanks!
    I don't have an angle finder so I can't say precisely what the HA is...but I can tell you it's somewhere between perfect and awesome. ;v) If stock truly is 69.5*, with a 120mm fork as advertised, then I'd estimate mine to be about 68*, with the 150mm. In reality it feels a bit more slack than that though. Whatever the exact HA is, the bike handles great for all-around riding and so far I'm as comfortable as I was on my ReignX riding my local trails which tend to be high-speed with some pretty technical features. The static bottom bracket height is 13.5" in case you're interested.

mtbr member
    I don't have an angle finder so I can't say precisely what the HA is...but I can tell you it's somewhere between perfect and awesome. ;v) If stock truly is 69.5*, with a 120mm fork as advertised, then I'd estimate mine to be about 68*, with the 150mm. In reality it feels a bit more slack than that though. Whatever the exact HA is, the bike handles great for all-around riding and so far I'm as comfortable as I was on my ReignX riding my local trails which tend to be high-speed with some pretty technical features. The static bottom bracket height is 13.5" in case you're interested.
    thanks. i'm on a standard trance right now with a 140mm revelation up front. this puts my measured HA right at 68* and my BB at 13.3 with 2.35 minions. i love this geo but would like a bit more travel in the back and was hoping a trance x with 140-150mm up front would do it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    thanks. i'm on a standard trance right now with a 140mm revelation up front. this puts my measured HA right at 68* and my BB at 13.3 with 2.35 minions. i love this geo but would like a bit more travel in the back and was hoping a trance x with 140-150mm up front would do it.
    sounds like you're on the right path and the X with a 150 would work well for you. I'll try to get an angle finder from the shop here at work and measure the bike next time I have it here with me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Been a while so thought I should post one of mine too!!

Last edited by England's Raging Bull; 11-23-2009 at 01:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 661lee
    Sean,
    Looks awesome. That new Easton stuff is is sic, especially the Haven wheels.
    Thanks, Lee. I'm loving the Haven wheels. Coming from Havocs, I can't feel a difference in stiffness or strength and on the plus side they are 2/3 lb lighter, tubeless ready and look a lot cooler.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ok - Let me keep this thread going:

I just picked up a RACEFACE Deus XC Crank. I"m not sure if I should use the XC BB or the DH (gold) BB as I'm starting to get into the jumping stuff. Thoughts?

Giddy Up!
    Thanks, Lee. I'm loving the Haven wheels.
    plus ONE!

them there some sweet hoops.

CAAK
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tdotrider
    Fyodorov how do you like the Nobby Nics? Are you running them tubeless?
    Now I'm running them with tubes. I'm waiting for NoTubes rim tape and valves.

NN is pretty good. But in the mud it's bad, like any of not mud tyres.

Unit 91

ride deets: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19495174
    Man! You did a few things that I have on my list to do. How do you like the 1x9? Is the e.13 guide working out well?

Nice looking ride!
    Bikes

aw fiddlestix

have fun!

freshly cleaned after the mudhole at Juan Pelota, the stupid fox stickers taken off the fork, and "new" wheels and tires (XT hubs on DT Swiss 4.1D rims, tubeless w/ Stan's to SB8s)
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    laxman2001 - What saddle is that on your bike?

wheelie king
    Hey Laxman, you forgot to mention the removal of the baby blue water bottle cage. What kind of grips are those?

aw fiddlestix
    I took the bottle cage off for the race and haven't put it back on yet.

The saddle is a fizik aliante sport that the LBS threw on b/c I hated the Devo that came stock. Its ok, not amazing.

The grips are ODI ruffian lock ons that I grabbed off the SS as the richtey ergon foamies sucked. I'm going to either get some ESIs, some ergon GA1s, or something else.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    May 2004

2009 X2

Love how this bike climbs and eats up singletrack, switchbacks and reasonable amount of downhill. Rock drops I am somewhat timid on this bike as the front end feels like it's not sure it wants to roll off uneven boulders/rocks without stuffing?

but I bought it for xc riding and it's a great bike for that!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-dkscon_10-10-09_0816.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-dkscon_10-10-09_0815.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    Nice action shots!

Here's my 2008 at a local race -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-landmine09jsmall.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    My Trance x2 2009

Pretty much stock except for;
    Wheels - Dt Swiss 4.2d Limited Ed., Revolution Spokes and Hope Pro II hubs
    Grips - Peaty lock-on

The other bike is my brother 575
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-pb250358.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-pb250359.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Needs me some of those wheels..

Funn Fatboy bars
    80mm Thomson stem
    Sunline Logo Thick grips
    Truvativ Rock Guard bash
    Welgo MG1 pedals
    Last edited by andituk; 12-12-2009 at 04:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by robwa
    My Trance x2 2009

Pretty much stock except for;
    Wheels - Dt Swiss 4.2d Limited Ed., Revolution Spokes and Hope Pro II hubs
    Grips - Peaty lock-on

The other bike is my brother 575
    Nice ride, those rims match nicely. I am deliberating ordering a set of those from CRC......

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet
    Man! You did a few things that I have on my list to do. How do you like the 1x9? Is the e.13 guide working out well?

Nice looking ride!
    I love 1x9, been runnng it exclusively for the past 3 or so years and don't think ill ever go back. I typically run the e*13 LG1 but since they just came out with the XCX and its about 150 grams lighter I figured I'd giver 'er a go. I'd say the XCX works really well for most riding but obviously the LG1 works a little better having a lower roller. I sometimes derail my chain a little when backpedaling with the XCX but it almost always goes right back on once I pedal fwd again. I ride fairly aggressively and so far only one time has it gotten jammed up to where I had to stop and fix it, which is simple to do. so I'd say considering how light it is it's pretty dang awesome.

Probably put another 200 solid dirt miles on this bike since my last post and I'm still loving it. it totally rips and is so light, the perfect all-mtn machine.

Here are some riding shots from today

mtbr member
    "Shots from today" - what, do you travel with a personal photographer, image documentarian? Nice shots.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by swoodbrn
    "Shots from today" - what, do you travel with a personal photographer, image documentarian? Nice shots.
    I was thinking the same thing, those are damn nice shots for "just another day"...
    ride, eat, sleep, repeat

wheelie king
    Awesome pics. Where is that trail? What kind of knee guards are you wearing?

Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast