Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 2,000 of 2260
    mtbr member
    nice trance u guys have here... i can't post picture yet.. later will update my trance x2 pic.. but here my setups..

Giant trance X2 2012 frameset with rp2 shocks
    Shimano Deore LX groupset
    Funn Fatboy wide bars
    Relic Armor stem
    Rockshox Revelation 110-140 U-turn
    shimano deore brakes + XT rotors
    Sram foam lock-on grips
    Spank Oozy+ SLX hubs wheelset
    Mavic 317+ shimano hubs (spare wheelset)
    Shimano Deore 2012 SPD pedals
    Last edited by joncy; 07-30-2012 at 07:24 PM.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012
    Last edited by utley06; 08-03-2012 at 10:47 PM.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Daddy didn't hug you

Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    haha! i'm sure "every Specialized Mechanic" loves having you as their spokesman. when did you find the time to ask every one of them if i or any of the other trance x owners running 150mm forks were morons? you guys must be tight.

my bike sits at 67* HA, climbing isn't even remotely a problem. all over the place descending with a 67* HA? please tell me you're trolling here...

yes there are reasons there are different bikes, but that doesn't mean a bike manufacturer always knows what works best for every rider in every situation. where is the rule written that a 5" bike must adhere to a certain geometry in order to be ridden effectively? you seem to be so hung up on the 150mm fork that you're not even paying attention to the most important part of how a bike rides - the geometry. i'm sure "every Specialized Mechanic" told you this, right?

anyone with a moderate level of skill can ride a 5" travel, 67* - 68* HA bike and can understand why those numbers can be a GOOD thing.

you're precious Specialized have a 6", 67* HA bike that is super popular - why does an extra 1" of rear travel make everything ok? just because the front and rear travel match?

santa cruz has a 4.95" travel, 68* HA bike - explain to me how .05" less travel but the same HA as the trance x with a 150mm fork makes that bike perfectly fine. shouldn't everyone on the blur be unable to ride it?

trek has a 4.75" travel, 68* HA bike that sells very well also - how is that thing even called a bicycle?

lapierre zesty - 5.5" travel, 67* HA - who are they kidding?

turner 5.spot - 5.5" travel, 67.7* HA - pfft, turner knows nothing about bike geometry.

ibis mojo HD 140 - 5.5" travel, 68* HA - ibis makes plastic bikes, they can't know anything about anything. they even build the frame angleset compatible so you can go up to 2* slacker - ibis is the moron now.

intense tracer - 5.75" travel, 67* HA - steber is an amateur.
    banshee spitfire - 5" travel, 160mm fork. ridiculous.

i think that's it. wait, one more you say?

gt distortion - 4.5" travel, 140mm fork spec'd - hold on, that's almost an anthem x with a 140mm fork. THAT WON'T WORK. oh yea - 66.5* HA making it impossible to ride up or down. this bike won the sea otter dual slalom this year...poor kyle strait having to deal with that mess of a bike.

i wonder if there are any video's of regular dudes riding this bike down a semi technical trail. oh look...

he's lucky to have survived, i mean he's not even wearing gloves and doesn't have a front derailleur!

now i know it's only down national trail, and full disclosure - this trail is 'in my backyard' so to speak. and i know it's only the trail many of the top builders and teams come to test their bikes on, but it will have to do.

what did you do for Specialized anyway?

Man you are one angry person and your the typical arm chair rider who learned a little about HA geometry and officially thinks he knows more about bike geometry than engineers. Shut the hell up!!! When I worked at specialized dist center i got carbon frames for 100.00 and I worked very close with the mechanics when building up my frames. I put a 127 mm fork on a epic one day and they explained to me that when you adjust the HA of a bike your adjusting the positioning of the bottom bracket which affects Cornering, pedaling effeciency, and the handling of the bike. Each bike (anthem, trance, reign) is designed to work a specific way and when you change that your limiting the bikes potential for what's its designed to do. 120 - 140 is where these trances are designed to be and jts how they come from giant.. Specialized come out with the evo line and added longer travel, but guess what tough guy? They changed the geometry as well. They did niot just slap a longer fork on it. I'm not an engineer and I'm not spouting off my own egotistical opinion as u r doing, filling people's head with jibberish.. Call giant and they will tell you the same thing, 150 is too much for a trance and youll probably void your warranty.. I'll take their word over some punk kid with a pic of a women's chest spouting off nonsense on forums.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utley06 View Post
    Man you are one angry person and your the typical arm chair rider who learned a little about HA geometry and officially thinks he knows more about bike geometry than engineers. Shut the hell up!!! When I worked at specialized dist center i got carbon frames for 100.00 and I worked very close with the mechanics when building up my frames. I put a 127 mm fork on a epic one day and they explained to me that when you adjust the HA of a bike your adjusting the positioning of the bottom bracket which affects Cornering, pedaling effeciency, and the handling of the bike. Each bike (anthem, trance, reign) is designed to work a specific way and when you change that your limiting the bikes potential for what's its designed to do. 120 - 140 is where these trances are designed to be and jts how they come from giant.. Specialized come out with the evo line and added longer travel, but guess what tough guy? They changed the geometry as well. They did niot just slap a longer fork on it. I'm not an engineer and I'm not spouting off my own egotistical opinion as u r doing, filling people's head with jibberish.. Call giant and they will tell you the same thing, 150 is too much for a trance and youll probably void your warranty.. I'll take their word over some punk kid with a pic of a women's chest spouting off nonsense on forums.
    I absolutely agree with everything 'size said!

When I just bought my Trance X I put a 130mm fork on it. After a couple of month I upgraded the fork to a 150mm Revelation. Im running this fork for about a year and Ill never gonna go back to 130 or 140mm fork. With 150mm up front Trance X feels so dialed and awesome.

Slacker head angle? > Much better handling either way up or down the hill. Higher bb? > I finally dont catch the ground with pedals while accelerating from berms. Pedaling efficiency? > I ride all year round and I can assure you the best place to see how efficiently any bike pedals is on a steep hill covered in 10-15mm deep snow in winter. And guess what? With a 150mm fork Trance X pedals exactly the same as with 130mm fork.

In my eyes any mechanic or engineer either from Specialized or Giant is a complete moron if hes telling fairytales about each bike being designed to work a specific way and that when you change that your limiting the bikes potential for what's its designed to do blah, blah, blah. Thats truly filling people's head with gibberish.

I miss f88
    OK utley is obv trolling at this point, there's no way that anyone is that retarded. (Wait, this is mtbr, he probably is )
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Beware of the idiots

Quote Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
    OK utley is obv trolling at this point, there's no way that anyone is that retarded. (Wait, this is mtbr, he probably is )
    So here are two great articles about Adam Craig and Giant using a Giant Trance on the infamous Downieville trail which most people use an all mountain bike on (Reign if you're utilizing the Giant line) to prove the Trance's versatility. a 140 fork was used on both bikes.. They even put a spring shock on the rear because the lack of travel the Trance had for this particular course, but yet they still used a 140 fork.. Hmmmmm, interesting, I wonder why they did not put a 150 on there for added travel? That would make more since right? Only if you're a moron!!!

You want 150?? Go get a Reign people, do not listen to these idiots modifying bikes incorrectly, and telling you to ignore professional opinions. Don't listen to me either, call Giant and see what they say. These idiots are prime examples of when they brake a frame because of incorrect modification they ***** all over the internet how the bike company wouldn't honor their warranty.

I'm done with this meaningless B.S.... I'm going out and riding!

Pro Bike: Adam Craig?s Giant Trance X Advanced SL - BikeRadar

2011 Giant Trance X ? First Ride Review - BikeRadar

mtbr member

i calmly destroyed your nonsense with facts, but yes i'm the angry one. "Shut the hell up!!!"

it took an engineer to explain to you that when you alter the HA it effects other measurements? you're a quick one, aren't you?

normally i'd continue to explain to you why and how your logic is extremely flawed but it's obvious you're either a troll or too dense to understand anything other that what you perceive to be reality. instead i'll just stop here and hope this thread gets away from your disruption and back on track.

mtbr member
    Don't listen to me either,...
    trust me - nobody is.

I'm done with this meaningless B.S....
    promise?

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Wow

Youre insanely delusional...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Speaking of geometry... has anyone tried putting a 29" wheel and fork on a Trance X? Would there be any negatives to this? Say I use a 100mm fork.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Uno View Post
    Speaking of geometry... has anyone tried putting a 29" wheel and fork on a Trance X? Would there be any negatives to this? Say I use a 100mm fork.
    They are coming out with a 29er Trance you know; with a redesigned geometry.

Again, something I do not think the current Trance is designed for, but no one seems to give a ****, so.... This guy did it and his is for sale near where I live. You may give him a call for general questions.

Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

For Sale Giant Trance Advanced SL 0 and Giant Trance X1 For Sale

Sold
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-gaint-trance-x1.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-giant_trance_x_advanced_sl_2012_frame__09849_zoom.jpg  

Last edited by utley06; 08-04-2012 at 12:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    They are coming out with a 29er Trance you know; with a redesigned geometry.

Again, something I do not think the current Trance is designed for, but no one seems to give a ****, so.... This guy did it and his is for sale near where I live. You may give him a call for general questions.

Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com
    Yeah well I have a Trance x2 in my garage that needs some new parts. Not my main bike. I figure why not? I have a 29" wheels also. Just needs a fork.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What is the cheapest option to have a slacker HA for my 2011 trance x?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cscsw View Post
    01. bigger front tire.
    02. works components headset if you have a size M or smaller frame.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size View Post
    01. bigger front tire.
    02. works components headset if you have a size M or smaller frame.
    Whats works components headset?
    My frame is a xs
    Which angle headset is cheapest and suit my trance?

is RAD
    Whats works components headset?
    My frame is a xs
    Which angle headset is cheapest and suit my trance?
    Measure your head tube length, then visit the Works Components website. If your still unsure, send them an email.

I've had a WC headset on my Trance X for 6 months now and it has been fit and forget.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks Van Cuz. They are not cheap. Any cheaper similar product?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    2012 Trance X0.

Updates

- Ergon grips
    - Maxxis Crossmark tubeless
    - XTR pedals
    - Specialized Milano gel saddle

Last edited by lucifuge; 08-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.

mtbr member
    Beautiful bike, lucifuge!
    2010 Giant Trance X3
    2013 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    All nice trance x in here... :-)

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Just added a Fox Flaot 140 RLC fork, up from 120 and loving it. I'm even running a 50mm stem, anyone running a 50mm stem and wide bars? how do you find the handling?

My Trance X Advanced with 140 fork has a HA 66....mega on the downs..;-))

mtbr member
    I am running 40mm stem with wide bars.. 750mm actually... Fork 140mm rockshox rvl.. So far handling just fine with me.. Been loving this setup... :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    my trance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-img-20120820-01443.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    After wash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-img-20120820-01446.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If you have a F125 fork have it extended to 140mm, for 50$
    Offset shock bushing: get the 3mm offset for the upper shock bolt. 25$ (this lowers the BB also)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trek551 View Post
    Offset shock bushing: get the 3mm offset for the upper shock bolt. 25$ (this lowers the BB also)
    Who extends it? u gotta send it off or what?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Unashamed cross-posting of mine from another Trance thread........made the mistake of allowing my gf to try my 2012 Trance X0 (hers is a 2008 X2). After one ride she claimed it as hers. Flip side is I got to buy another Trance!

2012 Advanced X SL 0

Inspector Gadget
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    Unashamed cross-posting of mine from another Trance thread........made the mistake of allowing my gf to try my 2012 Trance X0 (hers is a 2008 X2). After one ride she claimed it as hers. Flip side is I got to buy another Trance!

2012 Advanced X SL 0

Hope the gf compensated you for her new bike I test rode an advanced... Much want!!! Beautiful bike!
    I hope you have a big trunk... cause I'm gonna put my bike in it!

Inspector Gadget
    Still lovin my '11 Trance x2.
    I've added:
    -SLX 666 brakes with ice tech rotors 180/160mm.
    -60mm stem to go with the 745mm bars and ergon gc2 grips.
    -decided to go 2x10 with a blackspire bash and biocon chain guide.
    -Giant dropper post.. Coolest gadget on the bike!
    -2.3 wtb dissent in front and 2.3 prowler mx in back, needed more aggressive tires for my trails.

Tomorrow I gotta buy a new chain.. Broke mine tonight, twice! Lol

Think a Talas and the longer rp23 are next. I want more... Not sure I want a reign though...?
    Trance X Pics Thread...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346910995.634529.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    How good are the (i) Bionicon c-guide and (ii) the seat droppers!

The chain break is a worry, I mean twice, quickly. Any ideas why?

Inspector Gadget
    How good are the (i) Bionicon c-guide and (ii) the seat droppers!

The chain break is a worry, I mean twice, quickly. Any ideas why?
    No problems with the biocon... Definitely calmed down the chain slap. Only 6 or 8 rides with the drop post... It works good and I like the infinite adjustment.

The chain is likely my fault. I removed links with the bash guard install and probably messed it up. Tonight I rode an almost 5mi long very technical climb. To give my butt a rest I would up shift a bunch, then stand and mash. Not the first time I've ridden like that on this trail... Guess the chain had enough.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Who extends it? u gotta send it off or what?
    My local shock tuner did it.

mtbr member
    My X2 on a hot day at Devil's Den...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-556654_488158431196894_1594552332_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    My trance x2...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-uploadfromtaptalk1347008635230.jpg  

noob
    Aug 2007
    I have the 125RL fork on my stock 2012 TranceX1. Emailed fox and they claimed this fork can not be extended. Was still curious so searched around on the fourms and some others have taken the fork apart and found no spacers or easy way to extend the travel. I really wanted to do this but unless I am missing something I dont think its an option.

wheelie king
    Fox forks cannot be extended past what they were orignally built as. Spacers can be added to limit travel, but not extend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Epikon View Post
    I have the 125RL fork on my stock 2012 TranceX1. Emailed fox and they claimed this fork can not be extended. Was still curious so searched around on the fourms and some others have taken the fork apart and found no spacers or easy way to extend the travel. I really wanted to do this but unless I am missing something I dont think its an option.
    I bought the bike used so have no warranties to care for. The tuner pulled everything apart, took precise mesurements and drilled a hole through the rod. I now have 145mm showing and and 7mm showing fully compressed with no air in. So I'll call it a 138.

I'm not saying it handles like a F140. I'm not saying you should do it. I'm saying this fork can be extended to slacken the head angle. Many guys in my area had it done by the same tuner. It's the main reason I bought this bike instead of other 120-130bikes. In stock form the Tx was steeper than my Blur XCc with a F120. Imagine that! I may shorten it by 10mm when I use a 650b front wheel.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 661lee View Post
    Fox forks cannot be extended past what they were orignally built as. Spacers can be added to limit travel, but not extend.
    So Fox builds 125mm fork specifically for the TX? Or they build a valving for a 125 and put it in a 140? What about the Blur TRc F130?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

up and over

just out riding with a friend
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-log-over.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone with an x4 '12 able to tell me sweep/rise on the stock connect low rise bars? Looking to buy carbon but want the same specs since its comfy.
    Not gonna see mine till tomorrow and wanna order today.

mtbr member
    My trance...
    Sent from my GT-P6200 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Hi all heres my Giant Trance X4 2012

mtbr member
    Nice ride. Where did you get the CF shield for the bottom of the down tube? I would like to get one for my Trance X 29er.
    2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

mtbr member
    of all places ebay, RockGuardz i think his called. Not bad for a bit of cosmetic treatment

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantTrance View Post
    of all places ebay, RockGuardz i think his called. Not bad for a bit of cosmetic treatment
    Thanks but I just realized I can't use it. The Trance X 29er had internally routed cables and the shield will block the 2 exit holes near the bottom bracket.
    2017 Diamondback Mason Pro
    2015 Motobecane Sturgis Bullet
    2015 Giant AnyRoad 1
    2016 Diamondback Catch 2

mtbr member
    ahh gutted dude lol no worries then.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyride1 View Post
    Nice ride. Where did you get the CF shield for the bottom of the down tube? I would like to get one for my Trance X 29er.
    same question here, i like that piece. looks like you're running two sets of pedals, how do you like the dmr vaults?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollar1211 View Post
    same question here, i like that piece. looks like you're running two sets of pedals, how do you like the dmr vaults?
    Hollar one word, excellent. i tend normally without me noticing at the end of climb I'm pedalling with my heel but not with these, the feet stay firmly where they should. It was a good buy for 80

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Broke my stock Fizik seat on my 2010 Trance X1.....so many damn choices! Recommendations? I loved the WTB Devo on my X3 but never realized how pricey they are....

Nevernind...ordered a WTB Devo....
    Last edited by TranceX; 10-11-2012 at 06:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    my custom 2011 X
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-0n5c5096-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT1 View Post
    my custom 2011 X
    Very nice.

Are you running a single front chainring with derailleur as chain guide? Thinking about going the same way with mine.

mtbr member
    my custom 2011 X
    Is that a 140mm fork upfront?
    2010 Giant Trance X3
    2013 Giant Reign 1

mtbr member
    my custom 2011 X
    What is the saddle you're using?

mtbr member
    My Trance X:

Updates since I posted a pic here more than a year ago:
    - Shimano XT M785 brakes
    - Shimano XT 10-speed drivetrain
    - KS Supernatural seatpost
    - black grips

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    guys I need a front derailleur for my new frame Trance X 2011, had a Bottom Swing but since the seatube has a curve it wont work. Tried an old Derailleur but the cage was too short will any SLX/XT Bottom swing work?

thanks

mtbr member
    The new Trance X posted here are all great looking. But I still prefer my 09 X...

mtbr member
    My trance latest setup...

Latest addition : raceface bash ring, Bionicon c.guide n joplin4
    Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-uploadfromtaptalk1354719533756.jpg  

mtbr member
    -deleted- Double post sorry....
    Last edited by joncy; 12-05-2012 at 09:36 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    There is my Trance X4 2011

Changes:

Kore Repute 50mm sterm
    Kore OCD 800mm flat bars, only on the first photo and they will be shortened to 750mm
    ESI Chunky grips
    XT BR-M785 brakes, XT Icetech rotors 203/180mm
    1x9 setup (32t and 11-34t casette) Shaman Drake seat mounted chain guide
    Force BMX Magnesium pedals
    2,4" NN TSC up front, 2,25" RaR PSC back

Sweet ride for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-obrazek-1.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-obrazek-2.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-obrazek-3.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-obrazek-4.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-obrazek-5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    2011 Trance X 2.

Planning on getting a dropper post and upgrade to XT shifters and brakes sometime next month.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

2011 Giant Trance XL
    Fork- 2013 Fox Float CTD 140mm 15mm
    Shock- 2013 Fox Float CTD 7.5-2.0
    Wheels- American Classic All Mountain
    Tires- Michelin Wild Grip'r Advanced tubeless 26-2.25
    Saddle- Tioga Spyder D
    Bars- Thomson Carbon 730mm
    Headset- Chris King
    Stem- Thomson X4 90mm with red faceplate
    Grips- Oury
    Post- Thomson Elite
    Clamp- Loaded Xlite QR
    Brakes- Hayes Stroker Ace
    Rotors- Sram HSX 180f 160r
    Crank- RaceFace Turbine
    Chain Ring- RaceFace 34t
    Ring Bolts- Loaded
    Chain Guide- E13 XCX-ST
    Pedals- E13 LG1+
    Cassette- XT 10spd
    Derailleur- XT Shadow Plus
    Jockey Wheels- Hawk Racing Ceramic
    Shifter- XT
    Chain- KMC X10SL-TI

I posted this here about 6 months ago but alot of the entire bike is new since then
    Its still 25lb and change

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Loved!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My 2012 Trance X Advanced SL 0 underwent surgery;

Removed:

1x Schwalbe Nobby Nic tubeless
    Giant Seatdropper (587gms)
    Specialized Gel Milano saddle (374gms)

Added:

Thomson Masterpiece 350mm (190gms)
    Thomson seatpost collar
    1x Schwalbe Rocket Ron tubeless ready
    Selle Italia gel flow saddle (240gms)

12.1kg -> 11.3kg (26.8lbs -> 24.9lbs)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My 2012 Trance X Advanced SL 0 underwent surgery;

Removed:

1x Schwalbe Nobby Nic tubeless
    Giant Seatdropper (587gms)
    Specialized Gel Milano saddle (374gms)

Added:

Thomson Masterpiece 350mm (190gms)
    Thomson seatpost collar
    1x Schwalbe Rocket Ron tubeless ready
    Selle Italia gel flow saddle (240gms)

12.1kg -> 11.3kg (26.8lbs -> 24.9lbs)

Cool

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Well, I am finally building up my 2011 frame set, which arrived at the end of 2012.

Have fitted forks, stem, bars, brakes, rear mech and front shifters. Need to sort out cables, wheels etc tomorrow. Still, it looks good in the sitting room.

I am either getting a BB from the local bike store or online, but either way I wanted to check out the size. I posted a while ago on here and someone said for a Trance X that the BB was BB30, but the US bike shop I bought the frame from said Shimano BB91 (the cranks used will be shimano). Can anyone please confirm?

Also, I need still to get myself a front mech, seat post and saddle. I plan to get another fizik gobi, as I found mine comfortable on my hardtail, unless anyone can recommend anything cheaper? Was also thinking of getting a layback post, as I have a size L frame and am 6ft 2, and have got a 50mm stem. Anyone got a layback post on theirs? Also, anyone know what size the front mech band needs to be?

Any help much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My DIRTY lady!! lol

mtbr member

2011 custom X2..

my trail machine...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-1242_538927589453311_1193072037_n.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-205351_465788933433844_1928809402_n.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-555806_467570863255651_291941785_n.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-556654_488158431196894_1594552332_n.jpg  

Trance X Pics Thread...-409657_472853789394025_901302259_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBoom View Post

2011 Giant Trance XL
    Fork- 2013 Fox Float CTD 140mm 15mm
    Shock- 2013 Fox Float CTD 7.5-2.0
    Wheels- American Classic All Mountain
    Tires- Michelin Wild Grip'r Advanced tubeless 26-2.25
    Saddle- Tioga Spyder D
    Bars- Thomson Carbon 730mm
    Headset- Chris King
    Stem- Thomson X4 90mm with red faceplate
    Grips- Oury
    Post- Thomson Elite
    Clamp- Loaded Xlite QR
    Brakes- Hayes Stroker Ace
    Rotors- Sram HSX 180f 160r
    Crank- RaceFace Turbine
    Chain Ring- RaceFace 34t
    Ring Bolts- Loaded
    Chain Guide- E13 XCX-ST
    Pedals- E13 LG1+
    Cassette- XT 10spd
    Derailleur- XT Shadow Plus
    Jockey Wheels- Hawk Racing Ceramic
    Shifter- XT
    Chain- KMC X10SL-TI

I posted this here about 6 months ago but alot of the entire bike is new since then
    Its still 25lb and change
    How do you like the 140mm fork? Thinking of going to a 140-150mm Talas on mine... Bet it brings out the best in the beast.

mtbr member
    How do you like the 140mm fork? Thinking of going to a 140-150mm Talas on mine... Bet it brings out the best in the beast.
    Wait a sec! you put a 7.5 on the rear?! how?! Huh what? does that work correctly?

mtbr member
    Wait a sec! you put a 7.5 on the rear?! how?! Huh what? does that work correctly?
    I ride my 2010 frame with 190x50 mm shock too. It is quite a good setup if you have 140 mm fork - angles are similar to stock and BB height isnt dramatic. There is a table with my measurements with different setups:
    none at none in Katowice, Poland - photo by wooyek - Pinkbike

BUT I decided that having more travel and same angles makes no sense and so I put one offset bushing in the upper eyelet of rear shock (-3 mm). It puts the length of the shock halfway between 190 mm and stock 184 mm, so you can easily imagine what the values from the table would be.
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    The 7.5 bolts right up no issues at all. It raises the bb less than .20 inches but gives an additional .75 inches in travel. So I have 140mm in back and 140mm out front. With the 140f and 140r the bb is .22-.25inches higher which is hardly noticeable to me as my bike is a XL anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

My 2011 Trance X

Got the frame, moved some stuff from my RX. I'm very happy with the way this one
    rides. I did the Enduro shock bearing mod as well. Next on the list are a Kronolog post, and shadow plus 10 spd. drivetrain.

JT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrider1 View Post
    Got the frame, moved some stuff from my RX. I'm very happy with the way this one
    rides. I did the Enduro shock bearing mod as well. Next on the list are a Kronolog post, and shadow plus 10 spd. drivetrain.

JT
    What enduro shock bearing mod?

mtbr member
    Hope this doesnt come across as me being a smartass, but I think he means replacing the stock bearings with Enduro brand bearings.
    Enduro Bearings - precision bearings for mountian bike and road bicycle applications

Anyone stick with the 26 opposed to going to the Trance 29?

mtbr member
    yeah, Im sticking with the 26 and throwin a 140 talas ctd on in a few weeks... Maybe add a inch of travel in the rear.. not sure how playful a 29r would be off jumps and drops and such.. Sure it may go a little faster in the straits and pedaling, but I ride for fun and not sure the 29r would be as fun.

mtbr member
    What's the Enduro shock bearing mod?
    Happy Trails
    Jolly

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    ^ like akabrowntown said just replaced the stock DU bushings with needle bearing for smoother movement.

mtbr member

'08 Trance X2

I am still riding my '08 X and I decided to update the look by powder coating the suspension linkages.

Here is a link to another post with more pictures of the process.
    Powdercoating
    Last edited by jen0910; 01-14-2013 at 06:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looks really good. Great to hear you are enjoying an older model still.

Did you ever try reversing the spacers on your headtube? I now have my handlebar as low as it can go with the spacers above it and the steering improved dramatically. Quite possible this is just personal, but the difference to me was much improved.

Quote Originally Posted by jen0910 View Post
    I am still riding my '08 X and I decided to update the look by powder coating the suspension linkages.

Here is a link to another post with more pictures of the process.
    Powdercoating

mtbr member
    Looks really good. Great to hear you are enjoying an older model still.

Did you ever try reversing the spacers on your headtube? I now have my handlebar as low as it can go with the spacers above it and the steering improved dramatically. Quite possible this is just personal, but the difference to me was much improved.
    Thanks, I still prefer the clean look of the anodizing on the older models.
    I haven't tried swapping the spacers but I did switch to a shorter stem than than stock and I know that made a huge difference for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    2011 trance x
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Looks nice Pujetta - why the change of suspension linkage/pivots colours ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The linkages are awesome! Where do you find different colors?!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    My first post here. Only just bought this frame new, first ride today.

Photo taken at top of Jacob's Ladder, near Edale, Derbyshire about 2 hours ago. Cold enough to freeze my Camelbak hose !

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    The linkages are awesome! Where do you find different colors?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Looks nice Pujetta - why the change of suspension linkage/pivots colours ?
    I bought frame only , the frame comes with green linkages
    Trance X Frameset (2011) - Bikes | Giant Bicycles | United States

knobby noob
    Here is mine, late to the party... just picked her up today.

mtbr member
    Didn't you prefer Stumpjumper *Evo*?
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    Here is mine, late to the party... just picked her up today.
    Nice one - bet you're pleased you went for that model. The frame really look gorgeous doesn't it !! The combination of brushed aluminium and red anodised parts is stunning.

I know I stripped mine down straight away, but there isn't a single part wrong on the '11 X1 - it's perfect as it is. I wish I'd been able to afford to keep it stock. Oh BTW, Giant's website was wrong after all - the UK version did indeed have an SLX cassette, so mine really is identical to your 'international' version. Just out of curiosity, what percentage of the RRP did you get yours for ?

knobby noob
    Quote Originally Posted by wooyek View Post
    Didn't you prefer Stumpjumper *Evo*?
    Corny, hah... but I prefer me Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Oh BTW, Giant's website was wrong after all - the UK version did indeed have an SLX cassette, so mine really is identical to your 'international' version. Just out of curiosity, what percentage of the RRP did you get yours for ?
    Oic, had me scratching my head there for a while. You got PM...

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    2 full seasons on this thing, and I'm going for number 3...

FRAME= Giant Trance X Advanced SL size XL
    FORK= Rock Shox Revelation RLT Ti 2 position 20mm axle
    CHAINRING= Ethirteen 35t
    CHAINGUIDE= MRP Lopes
    STEM= Easton Havoc 35 50mm
    HANDLEBAR= Easton Havoc 35 carbon
    HEADSET= Cane Creek Angleset 1.5deg. cup (HA=66 with 13.25 BB.)
    CRANKSET= Shimano XTR M980
    BOTTOM BRACKET= Shimano XTR
    BRAKES= Shimano XTR Trail
    TIRES= Maxxis EXOs (DHF 3c front, HR2 60a rear)
    PEDALS= Twenty6 Prerunners
    SEATPOST= Rockshox Reverb
    SADDLE WTB= Silverado SLT
    GRIPS= ODI Troy Lee
    CASSETTE= Sram XX 11-36
    WHEELSET= Easton Carbon Havens
    SHIFTER= Shimano XTR
    REAR DERAILLEUR= Shimano XTR M980 med. cage
    CHAIN= Shimano HG-X 10 speed

Vital honored the forum nerd in me today with this:

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

wheelie king
    Very nice, Uncle Cliffy. If I had the funds, I would have an Advanced as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Very worthy of this honor Uncle Cliffy. How did you get the BB so low? My AtoC is 516mm and I have a 13.6BB.
    With your fork and angleset your bike may be the longest and most stable ever!

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Very worthy of this honor Uncle Cliffy. How did you get the BB so low? My AtoC is 516mm and I have a 13.6BB.
    With your fork and angleset your bike may be the longest and most stable ever!
    This is just how it worked out with the 150mm Revelation. I have the slackest cup in there. (-1.5) She's pretty stable. Wheelbase is 47 inches exactly. Still gets up most of the climbs I do. Uphill switchbacks are tough, but I didn't build this bike to be good at those.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
    2 full seasons on this thing, and I'm going for number 3...

It looks fantastic!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    someone can tell me the length of stock spokes in mm? Giant Trance X4 2011

mtbr member

Good job! Trance X2 in Texas...

Rode till sundown...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X Pics Thread...-860294_559514460727957_83272058_o.jpg  

wheelie king
    Where in TX?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 661lee View Post
    Where in TX?
    Its Erwin Park, in Mckinney, Texas..

wheelie king
    Trance X Pics Thread...-2-15-13-005.jpg
    Trance X Pics Thread...-photo-3-.jpg
    Trance X Pics Thread...-photo-4-.jpg
    Trance X Pics Thread...-2-15-13-009.jpgTrance X Pics Thread...-2-15-13-008.jpg

Finally got a Reverb, can't imagine riding without it. I'm now running a 70mm Thomson X4 with Funn Fatboys cut to 740.
    Last edited by 661lee; 02-15-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 40