mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Trance x, intended use, what can it do?

Hey guy's, currently have a reasonably new, very much upgraded 2006 trance 2. I ride alot of singletrack, rocky, fast descents with small/medium jumps and drops, nothing huge but the usual uk trail centre type stuff.
    I have been offered a very nice 08 trance x0 frame which is as new. I do ideally want the extra inch of travel and i like my friends trance x2.
    Just wondering what these frames are really intended for? Are they strictly xc of can they be built up to an all mountain/trail spec and handle smallish drops and jumps?

Hugh

inner peace to make peace
    all mountain.

I'd like to build one up with Magura Thor 140/100 3.9# 20mm TA, Maniotu Minuite TPC 130mm 3.3# 20mm TA, or a Float 140mm fork.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

Scott is a tool.

Can definitely go the All Mountain route....

This is my build, it's a little on the burlier side of life. I'm a little heavier so i wanted things a bit stronger.

Picture this build with Maxxis Ardents and that is what i ride 90% of the time.

Wal.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice bike WALDOG

mtbr member
    You can build it how you want, think about what you like and don’t like about your friends X2 and what you want out of the bike and then build yours up accordingly. Burlier, the same or more XC-ish, the Trance X is a very versatile bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i have a 140mm TA minute on my regular 07 trance.. and i hammer it to death and it takes it like a champ! giant makes good bikes, the TX will take what you dish out. im sure someones has broken one somewhere, but its very uncommon.