mtbr member

Trance X / compression tune setting of Fox Float shox

here in germany the Trance X line is coming with Fox Float RP2 / RP23 all set to "firm" in the compression tune of the shock.
    In my opinion that is much to firm and leads to limiting the travel in highspeed situations.
    My old '05 Trance with a Fox RP23 set to "light" in the compression tune was much better in those highspeed situations.
    A guy from switzerland told me that he bought a Trance X with compression tune set to "light"
    So it seems that different settings have been used in the Trance x lineup....

What was your compression tune set to ?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]The maximum rebound and compression tune on both the Trance 1 and X2. I havenít really noticed it that much on the X but just bouncing on the Trance it feels really rubbish but again I havenít noticed it when riding because it feels so responsive. I personally believe they should be set in the middle for both rebound and compression so it wonít have problems either way.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    strange, on mine the compression tune ist set to firm, but the rebound tune to light.

mtbr member
    I just picked up my Trance X1 today. I am 230lbs and am wondering if anyone could recommend a good "Starting" pressure for the rear shock. I am trying to get the 11-13mm of sag and am having some difficulty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zack
    strange, on mine the compression tune ist set to firm, but the rebound tune to light.
    [SIZE=2]Yeah, I beg your pardon, I rechecked the TX and it’s the same as yours and I’ll have a look at the T1 later…. I wonder what made me think the rebound was also set to firm?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]EDIT: They are both light rebound/firm compression.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by EGF168; 05-26-2008 at 01:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zack
    On my Trance X1, the compression is set to the middle bar - is that firm?

The rebound is light, I assume, since the first, shorter bar is highlighted.

Ant

mtbr member
    the settings are light / medium / firm, starting from the shortest bar.