Thread: Trance X Bb??

mtbr member

Trance X Bb??

I Am Hoping Someone Can Tell Me What Length BB I Will Need On A 2008 Trance XO....... I WANT TO INSTALL A Race Face Next Crank With Square Tapered Bb .......any particular brand or model suggestions welcome
    Thanks

DTL
    mtbr member
    Most external bearing bottom brackets come with spacers. You have to determine what width the bottom bracket is on your XO is. I have a 2008 X1 and I think mine is about 73mm. Most bottom brackets come in the same length and are designed to be spaced about 75mm from cup to cup. The spacers are designed to reach the 75 mm for bottom brackets that are 68 or 75 mm in length. I am not an expert but I just installed a shimano bottom bracket and crankset on my santa cruz frame and this is what I learned from the experience. The bottom bracket on the frame was 73 mm so I had to add one spacer on the drive side of the shimano bottom bracket. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The OP is going to use a square taper crank. He will need to know if the BB shell is 68mm or 73mm and he will also need to know what length spindle to use for that particular crank.

mtbr member
    Thanks epic . I have found out that the shell is a 68mm .....so the remaining question is spindle length so I wont have to go by trial and error method.

mtbr member
    Taken from Trance X4 specs:
    BB - BB-06-PSPL 68-118 (POWER SPLINE)

I hope it will help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by single-trac-mind
    Thanks epic . I have found out that the shell is a 68mm .....so the remaining question is spindle length so I wont have to go by trial and error method.
    You should probably try asking in Drivetrains. You need a 68x??? somebody there will know what BB goes with that crank.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kobayashi
    Taken from Trance X4 specs:
    BB - BB-06-PSPL 68-118 (POWER SPLINE)

I hope it will help.

thanks that should do it