Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Dudette
    I'll play! Introducing "Merlin" (as this bike is pure magic!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-merlin-woods.jpg  

TRANCER
    Looking good fellas. I have a question. I realize the seat post is at a weird angle. My question is have you guys had a hard time getting the right position for your saddles?
    Ride

Dudette
    When I got the bike, the shop had the saddle slid all the way forward. After riding a bit, I realized I could go back a bit more and I think it feels great. I'm kind of confused; everyone keeps talking about the crazy slack angle on this thing and it's 73...which I thought was basically an industry standard for xc bikes. It doesn't feel slack to me at all and I don't feel biased toward the back of the bike. I have no trouble climbing or the front end lifting on the climbs. Of course you can see in my pic that all the spacers have been removed from under the stem and the stem has been inverted. Not sure how it would have handled/felt set the way it was from the factory?

TRANCER
    Thanks petey. maybe the style of the frame makes it look a bit more slack than it really is? I'm testing one out this weekend. Can't wait !!!!!!!
    Ride

Dudette
    Yeah, I think it's kind of an optical illusion because of the bend the seat tube takes.

mtbr member
    That frame looks NICE in a small!

mtbr member
    Not mine but I rode it all day. Finest bike I rode all weekend at Outerbike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-img_0788.jpg  

"You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

Doesnt ride Banshees

Dudette
    Here's a couple of pictures from this weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Petey,

What pedals do you have? I have some clipless XT's on mine right now but am looking for some nice flats to change out to when I don't feel like clipping in.

Dudette
    I am using Gussett Slim Jims. I really like them and my 5.10 women's carvers stick to them like glue!

taking nieghborhood watch
    Dec 2007

Trance X2

picked it up Saturday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-dsc04370.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Ouch? That hurt!

New great bike apparently does not = new great rider!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-bummer-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    First ride

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-uploadfromtaptalk1354062586808.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by csgiles70 View Post
    Holy **** ....... what happened? Monumental tyre casing failure?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by csgiles70 View Post
    I also learned that the hard way. On September 29 I was riding at my local trail and the LBS guys had a hospitality tent set-up. They asked me how I liked the new X1. I told them "it inspires confidence, and sometimes that's dangerous." Twenty minutes later I was lying on the trail with a broken collarbone. I was going down a steep drop and went over the bars. It happened so fast I don't remember why, just BAM, there I was.

I'm healing pretty good now. I rode some flat trails last Saturday.

Have fun. Be safe.
    Jeff
    '12 Giant Talon 2
    '13 Giant Trance X1 29er

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Did that happen from the crash or did it make you crash I'm going on my first ride on mine tomorrow

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pharcyde View Post
    Holy **** ....... what happened? Monumental tyre casing failure?
    Not sure, went off a decent jump and was just a bit crooked on landing.. the front tire pealed off the rim and I ate crap. Have two broken ribs. I've never seen this before. I wasn't that bad out of line off the jump. I really don't know. What I do know is now I can't ride for a couple weeks.. bummer.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymx410 View Post
    Did that happen from the crash or did it make you crash I'm going on my first ride on mine tomorrow
    I'm really not sure. When I was able to get up, and look at the bike, the tire was pealed off the rim but the tube had not blown yet. The tube was a giant bubble sticking out. It poped a couple minutes later. Never seen anything like it. In fact I've never heard of someone pealing the tire off the rim....

DFMBA.org
    In case anyone is interested in a downtube protector, I ran across this affordable, and seemingly doable option for his bike. I'm going to be buying an X1 in the next month and I've been researching d/t protectors because of the rocky terrain I ride in. This looks like it might fit the bill. Could even use the Giant bosses for mounting.

Amazon.com: Zefal Down Tube Armor Frame Guard - MTB, Transparent: Sports & Outdoors

Edit: I don't believe this would work given the radius near the bottom of the downtube of the TX29. This is more for a straight downtube.
    Last edited by MTBeing; 12-16-2012 at 05:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Here's mine. Sick bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-img_20121208_145332.jpg  

mtbr member
    My brother says my bike looks intimidating. LOL.
    “Change is not a requirement because survival is not mandatory”

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    My Trance X1 29er Size medium

I am 5 8" and feel the Medium is a bit big for me, I found the small was way too small though. I have a 70mm stem coming so that will hopefully sort the size issue out. I am also thinking of chopping the bars by 20 -30mm, the 720mm bar is a bit too wide for what I am used to.

You will see I have a couple upgrades there, I plan this bike to be a trail/do it all bike as I already have a Santa Cruz Tallboy as a XC bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-0n5c5179.jpg  

Trance X 29er pic thread!!-0n5c5180.jpg  

Trance X 29er pic thread!!-0n5c5181.jpg  

Trance X 29er pic thread!!-0n5c5182.jpg  

Trance X 29er pic thread!!-0n5c5184.jpg  

May contain nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT1 View Post
    My Trance X1 29er Size medium

I am 5 8" and feel the Medium is a bit big for me, I found the small was way too small though. I have a 70mm stem coming so that will hopefully sort the size issue out. I am also thinking of chopping the bars by 20 -30mm, the 720mm bar is a bit too wide for what I am used to.

You will see I have a couple upgrades there, I plan this bike to be a trail/do it all bike as I already have a Santa Cruz Tallboy as a XC bike.
    Same-sized mate just bought a medium AX29. He tried the med TX29 and found it too big, esp on the tight and tech tracks at Signal Hill. He likes his AX29 but I still think he'd be better off on a small, or with a 50mm stem on the med, as he like chucking his bikes around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29er pic thread!!-robbie-gettin-low.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
    Same-sized mate just bought a medium AX29. He tried the med TX29 and found it too big, esp on the tight and tech tracks at Signal Hill. He likes his AX29 but I still think he'd be better off on a small, or with a 50mm stem on the med, as he like chucking his bikes around.
    I had a Medium AX29er but found it too big and replaced it with the Tallboy which is a much better fit.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast