mtbr member
    Mar 2013

New question here. Trance X 29er 1 vs 0?

Hey peeps. I'm jumping back into mountain biking after about 10 years mostly away. I've got a 2001 Specialized Enduro Sport that I've put a ton of miles on but not a lot recently. I ride road bikes sometimes and I'm not a bike noob, per se, but I've been out of the MTB game for a while, and I'm having fun getting back up to speed.

After some research and help from a good friend, I've settled on the Trance x 29er. It looks like a great bike with great features for the money. My local bike shop has the 1 in stock, and I've ordered the 0 and it will be here Friday. I can still change if I change my mind, so I'm looking for some more input on those who made the same decision - if you would make the same decision again today, if you wish you would have made a different decision, etc.

At normal retail price, I think I'd take the 1 every time. However, my LBS has offered me the 0 at $3400 and the 1 at $2500, so it's a bit trickier.

So- at $3400, go for the 0? Or is the 1 still the better value? I really want the XT brakes, but I've never used sram stuff, so I can't really compare the groupset on the two bikes, but I've had great luck with Shimano in the past.

Any input? Thanks in advance, amigos. Either way I'll be riding a trance x 29er on Saturday. Can't wait.
    Last edited by dryflyelk; 03-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.

mtbr member
    0 .... you will NOT regret it. SRAM will let you down and AVIDs suck. XT all the way. Nothing needs upgrading on the 0.

Your Best Friend
    The 1 is definitely the best value and can be made equal to the 0 for less money than the retail price difference. However, with the deal you got on the 0, go for it. It no longer makes the 1 a viable alternative. You'll love it.

mtbr member
    At that price, I'd probably go with the 0. That's not much more than what I paid for my 1 with a set of Stans wheels.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Trance X 29er 1 vs 0?

I just bought a 1 for 2575. If I could have bought the 0 for 3400 I probably would have chosen that instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dryflyelk View Post
    Hey peeps. I'm jumping back into mountain biking after about 10 years mostly away. I've got a 2001 Specialized Enduro Sport that I've put a ton of miles on but not a lot recently. I ride road bikes sometimes and I'm not a bike noob, per se, but I've been out of the MTB game for a while, and I'm having fun getting back up to speed.

After some research and help from a good friend, I've settled on the Trance x 29er. It looks like a great bike with great features for the money. My local bike shop has the 1 in stock, and I've ordered the 0 and it will be here Friday. I can still change if I change my mind, so I'm looking for some more input on those who made the same decision - if you would make the same decision again today, if you wish you would have made a different decision, etc.

At normal retail price, I think I'd take the 1 every time. However, my LBS has offered me the 0 at $3400 and the 1 at $2500, so it's a bit trickier.

So- at $3400, go for the 0? Or is the 1 still the better value? I really want the XT brakes, but I've never used sram stuff, so I can't really compare the groupset on the two bikes, but I've had great luck with Shimano in the past.

Any input? Thanks in advance, amigos. Either way I'll be riding a trance x 29er on Saturday. Can't wait.
    Would your bike shop sell me a trance 0 for $3400? If so id like to get their info!