Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDRIFT View Post
    BS or not. TOS? Please hop off that high horse.. Even if it were that serious, he didn't mention the shop or his buddy by name for that matter.
    Ok, you're right... (btw, ToS - terms of service, usual etiquette, etc.)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie_G View Post
    Ok, you're right... (btw, ToS - terms of service, usual etiquette, etc.)
    I know what TOS means - that's why I said he didn't include any details to be in violation.. Etiquette is a stretch in a thread about pricing though. Most forums outlaw price talk in the interest of their [online vendors] sponsors. For bike companies like giant that strictly support LBS, that goes out the window and doesn't have much impact either way. It is what it is.

Now, bragging industry employees is a different story.
    -Don "LordDRIFT" Draper.

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbraithwaite View Post
    What extra bits come with the X0? Rim tape, tubeless valves???
    Different wheels, drive train, hubs, Giant Contact cockpit (vs Giant Connect SL on the X1)...lotsa things. The wheels on the 0 are WheelSystem wheels, unlike the X1. Pick up a 2013 catalog at your lbs and you'll see what I mean.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My LBS has the X1 for $2600 pre-tax but offered to price match. Could you please PM me the info on the shops where you're getting lower? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I was quoted $2600 for an X1. I asked if they have any "spring sales" or anything, and of course not. Haven't looked anywhere else.

DFMBA.org
    Quote Originally Posted by aybarssurucu View Post
    I've ordered last week and confirmed shipping date first week of May! Hard to wait, but it worths...
    When I started querying an X1 in late November, a lbs told me 2 weeks delivery. I finally pulled the trigger on the X1 in mid-December and it took 3 weeks to show up. My lbs said that, as far as MTBs go, the Trance X29 was flying off the shelves for the Giant line. Now the X0 is out 'til May? Wow...Giant obviously hit a home-run with this bike.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Re: Trance X 29 - What's considered a good deal?

Only paid $2350 for my x1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbraithwaite View Post
    I have ordered an X0. They said November, then end of December, then last week. Now maybe January. It's killing me. My current ride has no suspension 38 lbs and is a wonderful tank.

Price is $3,075 before tax.
    I'm currently considering an X0 and looking for dealers myself. It would go great with my Reign X0 but the dealer I bought that from stopped carrying Giant and I moved away from them anyways...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti View Post
    I'm currently considering an X0 and looking for dealers myself. It would go great with my Reign X0 but the dealer I bought that from stopped carrying Giant and I moved away from them anyways...
    If you go to the Giant website they have a Store Finder at the top that tells you the closest dealers in your area.

This is how I found my deal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I bought two bikes at the same times. One for my gf and myself. X2 was 1850 otd. X1 was 2550 out the door. Got some accessories for 25 percent off also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2