mtbr member

Trance X 29 at the Outdoor Demo

Was at the Giant trailer early on Monday and scored a test ride on a large Trance X 29. I was very impressed. I took it up Girlscout, out around the Caldera loop, and down Westleg, it was a good little xc loop. I was really impressed with how the Trance climbed, it just clawed its way up and over all the square edged rock ledges you find in bootleg, it traversed across all the rocky singeltrack with ease, made every switchback like a 26" bike. It was very fun and playful on the downs and was very confidence inspiring. I normally race a Titus Rockstar 29 for xc and a Titus El Guapo for Super D events, I've always been very partial to horst link designs but this really opened my eyes to the Maestro design. I liked the spec, fork felt good and the new giant wheels felt good. It was one of the top bikes I tested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trance X 29 at the Outdoor Demo-interbike-2012-002.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks Craig. J

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks, you may have pushed me over the edge! What other bikes did you test?